ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY THE WORST PROGRAM IN CUSA

MT01

All American
Aug 1, 2005
From first to worst in just a matter of the blink of an eye.

KenPom:
1.) La Tech - 75
2.) WKU - 88
3.) UTEP - 115
4.) UNT - 135
5.) UAB - 148
6.) FIU - 167
7.) RICE - 178
8.) ODU - 181
9.) UNCC - 196
10.) UTSA - 215
11.) MARSH - 216
12.) FAU - 217
13.) USM - 260
14.) MTSU - 267

Barttorvik:
1.) WKU - 78
2.) La Tech - 80
3.) UNT - 99
4.) UTEP - 127
5.) FIU - 139
6.) UNCC - 155
7.) UAB - 156
8.) FAU - 160
9.) UTSA - 176
10.) ODU - 181
11.) RICE - 210
12.) MARS - 216
13.) USM - 250
14.) MTSU - 272

It would be interested to know how many head coaches are in their first or second year at their school that currently are ranked well ahead of MT.

That is discouraging and depressing to think about.

At some point you would think this would come down to self respect. You know, enough is enough, we are better than this sort of attitude would take hold of the team. I'm not expecting the team to win every game they play, but I do expect that they will put forth their best effort and fight to win each game.

During the first years of the Davis regime when I first became aware of various RPI websites (Nolen, Pomeroy, RealTime, etc.) IIRC MT languished in the mid 100s (approx. 130 to 170) annually. It was my fervent desire for MT to get to the point where we were consistently in the double digits and by so doing we would become one of the in-state "big 4" rather that just another of the state's 9 $#&-majors.

The last 8 or so years of Davis' tenure we more that exceeded my dream, annually were mid to upper double digits (35-90 ?), obviously one of the best teams in-state (one year it could be argued the best - but along with the good came Belmont with us), and were relevant nationally.

We obviously reached the summit with a team "built for a deep NCAA run" and top 25 ranking, only to precipitously drop to where we are now 20 months later.

I really want McDevitt to succeed, I really do, but the start this year is deeply troubling. No way in hell should we have such horrid perimeter play with Sims, Green (I'd like to jerk a knot in his head for some of the bad shots he takes), and Jones starting. As I stated in another thread: Fans need to see just a little consistent improvement and not half-way into the conference schedule. That said; going to be hard with Ole Miss and Rhode Island as two of the last three non-conference foes.

It’s not that bad, we are in front of FAU according to Warren Nolan.**

We suck.

We suck worse than we should regardless of the circumstances.

CNM is flirting with a winning percentage that gets most coaches fired after 2 years (sub .400). If the team isn’t improving by years end and we end up with single digit wins with the lack of effort the team showed against MSU, we may need to look buyout.

It’s not that bad, we are in front of FAU according to Warren Nolan.**

We suck.

We suck worse than we should regardless of the circumstances.

CNM is flirting with a winning percentage that gets most coaches fired after 2 years (sub .400). If the team isn’t improving by years end and we end up with single digit wins with the lack of effort the team showed against MSU, we may need to look buyout.

LOL

You know better with Massaro being our AD. He will get a minimum of 3 more years regardless of results.

LOL

You know better with Massaro being our AD. He will get a minimum of 3 more years regardless of results.

You’re right. Massaro will do the same thing here as he did with Mac in baseball - lacks the intestinal fortitude to fire most people; will just allow him to play out the contract and not renew.

Play three $1 million money games each year and Stuckstill will be gone fast - he will either quit or MT can buy him out of his contract

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT