ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB vs Austin Peay, 2PM, Saturday, December 17, 2016

Middle Tennesse 82
Austin Peay State 51

Alex Johnson dominated with 28 points and Rebecca Reuter had a double double. Game was ugly in the first half with the LRs trailing by one at half.

Last edited:
Well it was a win but we still are going to struggle unless someone flips a switch or CUSA is REALLY bad.

Part of it is definitely chemistry. Alex Johnson called out that part of our game after Arizona State and we came together in the second half really well tonight. A couple of thoughts... first, APSU isn't nearly as bad as they have been in recent years. Second, WKU beat Peay as well but only won by 20 points. We won by 31. Finally, our offense really seems to flow a hell of a lot better with Kyla Allison at PG rather than Petty. If Insell plays her and if she just runs the system and doesn't try to do too much too quickly we will be fine on that end I think. Defense sucked in the first half but we played better after halftime.

However... One rather glaring criticism I have of our year so far is the very limited playing time for Kyla Allison and Charity Savage. Like I said our offense does best with Allison playing point, and Insell said he wants her defense to improve - well, she will not get better any faster by sitting on the bench the whole game. Hopefully we'll get Jordan Majors back too because she is probably one of our more athletic posts and can score if we get her the ball.

It also appears some of the girls are afraid to shoot or make a mistake and play tight. It seems we were trying to force the ball in to Alex way too much in the first half which resulted in several TO's. Just take the open shot and don't force passes. I agree that Allison should be playing a LOT more.

It also appears some of the girls are afraid to shoot or make a mistake and play tight. It seems we were trying to force the ball in to Alex way too much in the first half which resulted in several TO's. Just take the open shot and don't force passes. I agree that Allison should be playing a LOT more.
Sissom has been shooting a LOT tonight, apparently she got the message. None of the freshmen have played yet though... Sigh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT