ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Vandy's Coach Drew - Don't expect Vandy to make a return...

The Glory days from Valpo are gone, Drew. You aren't up north anymore.

I wouldn't want to come back either after getting my a$$ whooped like received last night! Babies!

Reactions: C-Bow
F em...if he can't handle the pressure quit. The way I see it we were doing them a favor.

I have a few adjectives I could use to describe coaches like this but they are highly inappropriate for this forum. I can't stand coaches who are scared of competition and run away from a challenge

Reactions: subkyle
Funny how a coach at a mid-major gets a job at more "prestigious" school and suddenly forgets what it was like at Valpo where he had trouble scheduling larger profile schools. As mentioned, the way we embarrassed them I would not want to return either but Vanderpuss fans around us last night were already wishing for a Stallings return. And if your program is so far above us Brycey boy, why can fans not drive 25 miles to see the game??

It is a cowardly move and it is a pathetic way to schedule. If you want to have a strong RPI and SOS, you schedule these games - AWAY GAMES - and you do them. There is a reason teams like Wake Forest, NC State, LSU, etc. play at tough "%@$"-major opponents; because they are important games and huge for their RPI and NCAA tournament resume. Winning a big game at a top 50 RPI program is massive for your tournament hopes especially if you're not going to be blowing out every team in America.

Also want to point out that Aldo Amato, Joe Rexrode, and Adam Sparks all criticized Bryce Drew's comment about not wanting to play away games at tough opponents. :p

Last edited:
We sat near the Vandy bench. I had trouble concentrating all game due to the fact that the entire hoops staff for them was dressed the same. Black suit, gold tie. I could not for the life of me dicide if I thought it was cool and a good idea, or the gayest thing I have ever seen. Sounds weird, but I really struggled with it all game.........

Way OT: Who was the MT coach at the very end of the bench standing up with no seat, constantly giving high fives and chest bumps to players?

It is a cowardly move and it is a pathetic way to schedule. If you want to have a strong RPI and SOS, you schedule these games - AWAY GAMES - and you do them. There is a reason teams like Wake Forest, NC State, LSU, etc. play at tough "%@$"-major opponents; because they are important games and huge for their RPI and NCAA tournament resume. Winning a big game at a top 50 RPI program is massive for your tournament hopes especially if you're not going to be blowing out every team in America.

Also want to point out that Aldo Amato, Joe Rexrode, and Adam Sparks all criticized Bryce Drew's comment about not wanting to play away games at tough opponents. :p
Mid-day 180 killed him for those comments today too.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Typical Vandy:

Chicken-Shitvandy_zps5ced25eb.jpg

Reactions: MTOleBlue
We sat near the Vandy bench. I had trouble concentrating all game due to the fact that the entire hoops staff for them was dressed the same. Black suit, gold tie. I could not for the life of me dicide if I thought it was cool and a good idea, or the gayest thing I have ever seen. Sounds weird, but I really struggled with it all game.........
And their AD sitting behind the bench was dressed like a homeless guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT