ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Vandy Week, 38.5 Miles of Hate

It's going to be another battle. I really hope our fans don't look at Week 1 as an indicator for the game. Typically in CFB, Week 1 has little to no relation to Week 2. You'll see many, many teams that played bad in Week 1 do really well in Week 2 and vice versa. It's a gamblers nightmare and Week 2 is typically where Vegas makes a shit ton of money.

We've got to be able to make Vanderbilt one dimensional. If we can shut the run down and force them into throwing the ball, then we can win this game. Our defense cannot tire out like it did last year. Anyone know the extent of Hale's injury? His presence, or lack thereof, is crucial. I hope our 2 deep on the D-Line is up to snuff, as they'll be the key to the game IMO.

We are not going to drop 35 points on these guys. I'm expecting a 24-21 type of game, not sure who wins. The X factors are going to be each teams running game. If I'Mathers can get rolling, then we got a GREAT chance to win it. If Webb gets rolling, we lose. It's really that simple. It's going to be a heck of a game and I wish I still lived in the Mid Tenn area because I'd love to go to it.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Agreed, If we can shut the run game down We should be fine. Maybe SHurmer will be a little off and Mason panics and starts playing qb roulette

Anyone know the extent of Hale's injury? His presence, or lack thereof, is crucial.

It didn't sound good according to Stock last night, but I believe the results of the MRI are still pending or at least haven't been made public just yet..

sWiley, I pretty much agree. In summary, the football truism of most to all games is that the game is won in the trenches.

Despite the injuries at WR, I think MT still has a pretty good chance due to gradually increasing depth and quality along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

While I have not studied the matter closely, it seems MT has better depth at DE than at DTs.

I have already encountered some Vandy nastiness (though I must say most of their fans have been nice). I hope we put up big numbers against them. I think Vandy's defense is not as good as it was last year. Their offense isn't either, especially with playcalling. I agree that we will have to stop the run if we want to win. No giving up big plays, which we didn't yesterday against A&M... even though they are a SWAC school it is still good to see. If we hit 24 I think we win. If we don't it will be anyone's ballgame.

I have already encountered some Vandy nastiness ...

IT does not surprise me one bit, before the 2001 game against vandy, their fans were very active on their various boards being extremely disrespectful of our student athletes, calling them 'subhuman' 'thugs' 'animals' etc. All the while vandy players were making the news for some violation of the law. Not a whole lot seems to change in regards to that.

All the previous visits to Dudley field this century MT fans have been poorly treated, disrespected, and abused by their fans. I would not be surprised if it was the same as always.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
And I have already been called a troll on the Vandy forums. Classic example of why I do not like Vandy nor their fans.

vandy%20coach%20quote_zpsjhmrbyhd.png

Reactions: MT Glenn and C-Bow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT