ADVERTISEMENT

UAB about to go down

good grief. I thought there might be a possibility that uab might not make it to the finals, but losing to wku?

That's going to be one empty arena the rest of the way.

That was a whale of a game. Kind of glad to see UAB go down, but hate that it was to WKU. Their overall record was average this season, but that WKU coach gets them to play strong at conference tourney time. Didn't WKU win the SBC conf tourney with average overall record in the last few years in the SBC?

As much as I hated to see MT lose to WKU at The Murph, at least there appears to be some consolation. WKU is playing a heck of a lot better. It was not the average team of most of the season. That along with Potts injury makes that loss sting just a little less.
WKU looks like the MT of last season conf tourney. Regardless of how good you are, 4 games in 4 days is a tough stretch for any conf tourney. C-USA certainly would be a tough stretch for 4 games in 4 days.

Unfortunate about conf tourney attendance with UAB out, but it helps other contenders including MT. Perhaps especially MT. If MT can advance, MT just might have one of the better crowds of all the the other teams. 3.5 hour drive is a heck of a lot closer than most other C-USA teams. I'm glad that if MT can make the finals it won't be as visitors vs a home team in UAB.

I pretty much called it in another thread, and I picked it in the conf tourney pick em on the UAB site. If we don't win the championship this year we may never win it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT