ADVERTISEMENT

The 'boro tops list of The 10 fastest-growing boomtowns in the U.S. for job prospects, GDP growth, and household income

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country

1. Murfreesboro, Tennessee​

5-year population change: 19.62%
Average yearly GDP growth: 3.71%
5-year change in number of establishments: 15.95%
5-year housing growth rate: 21.15%
August 2021 unemployment rate: 3.4%
Total score: 100

I hate it. Over 110K new people in the past 30 years. The population density of Murfreesboro is more than 2,400/sq mi. It's stop and go traffic everywhere.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
I lived in Rutherford County '2003-2010, M'Boro while I was at MT, and Smyrna.

I moved to Knoxville in 2011. I always wanted to get back, but, and it seems in the last 3-4 years, the whole metro area has turned into another Atlanta.

This furthers the "potential" for MT to be much bigger in the sports world than it currently is.
I wonder what percentage of those moving into the 'boro the last five, ten years. have ever been on campus for any event on campus. F'n lost opportunities.

I wonder what percentage of those moving into the 'boro the last five, ten years. have ever been on campus for any event on campus. F'n lost opportunities.
MOST people are bandwagoners. Whichever team or fad is hot, they'll join in...

If football or MBB ever break into the top 25, people in the mid-state will jump on the bandwagon.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Bingo. Winning.

We have a D2 here, Concord University. A few years back they were ranked and made a deep playoff run for a couple years. Stadium was packed, local TV station broadcast the games, Concord shirts everywhere.

Then the coach got hired as a coordinator on an FBS team and the new coach couldn't maintain. Now no one cares.

Winning fixes ALOT of issues. And 7-6 is not winning.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT