ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Thank goodness for Kermit and

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN
....his basketball guys. If he makes another deep tournament run this year and keeps folks coming out to watch, then it will go a long way towards off setting the football financial losses.

As a side note, Stock's $300,000 in deferred bonuses kicks in after next season.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I like what Kermit said after the game on TV (I was puking my guts out so had to watch from home), he wants to build a "national" program.

He is on his way.

I can't think of the deferred bonus or I'll puke.

If Kermit were to be hired away, I would be extremely happy for him. I also think he put MT in a position where we can hire the best.

I would pay any amount of money to keep him here. That said, I don't think he ever plans to leave given his "I'm planning my retirement here" article in the Tennessean last year, but I hope everyone feels the same and would be willing to do what it takes. We have a real special coach.

I think the only way Kermit leaves is if Ole Miss or Miss State breaks the bank for him and even still it would be hard to pry him from here. He loves it here

And not too many years ago many on these boards were calling for him to be fired. I was almost that way after we lost to Houston Baptist several years ago. But this is a great example of patience.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Watching Kermit coach and work the referees is in itself worth the price of a ticket. When Potts, Bradshaw and company are "on" it's just gravy.

Watching CKD coach is like watching the spitting image of his dad at Miss St when I was in college (the first time) LOL

This game may be a sellout

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT