ADVERTISEMENT

Tennis Facility Ribbon cutting

They moved it back a couple weeks due to weather and glad they did. Great crowd for an afternoon event and the weather allowed everyone to walk around the new facility.
Added bonus was the women’s basketball team was practicing at The Murph.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I forgot to add, Coach Mason was there as well. Probably should have recognized him as a new coach. Also thought there was a missed opportunity in all of the promo’s that the Lady Raiders would be practicing in The Murph prior to the tennis facility kickoff at 1 pm. In case fans arrived early. JMO.

Beautiful facility. Coach has been a masterful recruiter without these facilities. Trying to imagine what kind of leap in recruiting he can make with one of the nation's nicest tennis complexes. A lot of private donations went into this facility. I wouldn't be surprised that next on the horizon for MT Tennis will be its own NIL collective in development stage. Coach Borendame has excellent support going at this time.

Reactions: ewglenn
Beautiful facility. Coach has been a masterful recruiter without these facilities. Trying to imagine what kind of leap in recruiting he can make with one of the nation's nicest tennis complexes. A lot of private donations went into this facility. I wouldn't be surprised that next on the horizon for MT Tennis will be its own NIL collective in development stage. Coach Borendame has excellent support going at this time.
Jimmy is a top notch coach. We are lucky to have him! Sadly, NIL deals are mostly out of reach for international students because regulations do not allow it. That means most of our tennis kids are out of luck until something changes.

Reactions: ewglenn
Jimmy is a top notch coach. We are lucky to have him! Sadly, NIL deals are mostly out of reach for international students because regulations do not allow it. That means most of our tennis kids are out of luck until something changes.
Interesting you say that. I heard the same thing from someone last Spring but I haven’t invested the time to research if that is, in fact, true. Begs the question how that would hold up to any legal/court challenges?

Interesting you say that. I heard the same thing from someone last Spring but I haven’t invested the time to research if that is, in fact, true. Begs the question how that would hold up to any legal/court challenges?
Is there anything the NCAA does that would hold up in court?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
That's surprising. Seems like a unique decision since American University systems are the most liberal organizations when it comes to decisions considering things of a foreign or domestic nature.

Is there anything the NCAA does that would hold up in court?

That's surprising. Seems like a unique decision since American University systems are the most liberal organizations when it comes to decisions considering things of a foreign or domestic nature.

So apparently I was wrong. It isn't the NCAA at all but immigration laws based on the type of student visa most have. They can earn NIL "passive" such as not advertising, posing for pics, etc. But the minute they make a video with themselves holding the product, it is "active" and against visa rules.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT