ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Running Back Preview

I like our RB's, but even they will need decent blocking for an effective ground game. Not to get too far ahead, but Ole Miss will be a good early comparison to the Alabama game last year. While we will have little chance against a probable top 5 team in Ole Miss I'm hoping for improvement in the trenches up front for the Raiders, & that we won't experience the same early season debacle as last year. If we can hang for 3 quarters where we provide relatively decent protection for Nick & some decent blocking for the RB's I'll be pleased.
A game like that I hope for 2 things. No injuries, & to come out with our heads held high. If we can do that then I'll feel pretty good about how we can compete the rest of the year.

The offensive line probably won't be as talented losing guys like Keylan Rutledge and the tackle that went to Texas Tech but they will definitely be more physical in my opinion

you don't need to be extra talented on the oline, you just got to have 5 mentally and physically tough guys playing as a unit and willing to be nasty and impose their will on the man in front of them.

you don't need to be extra talented on the oline, you just got to have 5 mentally and physically tough guys playing as a unit and willing to be nasty and impose their will on the man in front of them.
At least now we have size more in line with our G5 peers to be able to do that.

Reactions: MTFAN61 and mtfblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT