ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Flash....

BBJ, I know what you are saying about Rubio regarding amnesty but I believe he could still be a good candidate for the Republicans because he is pro-business and believes in a strong defense. I prefer Cruz and Carson over Rubio but will strongly support Rubio should he become the nominee.

Last edited:
Flash,

Here's a story that corroborates my post:

Rubio Lacks Support From Conservative Media
GetFile.aspx
(Getty Images)
By Cathy Burke | Thursday, 05 Nov 2015 11:37 AM

GOP Sen. Marco Rubio is making headway in national polling in his White House bid, but he still hasn't won over some conservative media commentators who are fuming about his past support of immigration reform.

"So many of these guys were on his side until he made that one big error in their eyes," Rich Noyes, a research director at the conservative Media Research Center, tells The Hill.

"Republican primary voters are conservative talk radio listeners, and what they hear has a reinforcing affect. It helps immensely to have them on your side, and immigration is his biggest problem with that."

Laura Ingraham, Michelle Malkin and Ann Coulter are so far staunchly opposed to Rubio over the issue of amnesty – and are telling their audiences he'll fold on the issue if elected president.

She also hammered the Florida senator in an interview with rival presidential contender New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, asking him if Rubio's position that the executive orders on amnesty can't easily be revoked should disqualify him.

"I don't know why anyone would want to have someone who is not going to enforce the law as the chief law enforcement officer of the United States," Christie responded.

Malkin also has accused Rubio of being in the pocket of "his amnesty-peddling campaign donors."

And Coulter has slammed Rubio for devoting "his entire Senate career to pushing amnesty."

The conservative news website Breitbart also has hit Rubio for his association with Singer.

Yet Rubio has made "considerable inroads among some of the biggest names in talk radio and TV, including Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin and Fox News host Sean Hannity, The Hill reports.

Still, Noyes tells The Hill, "They don't forget."

"The House leadership thinks it's gonna be Jeb [Bush] or Rubio," Limbaugh said on his show last month.

"The dream: Jeb or Rubio in the White House; Ryan Speaker of the House. Then in the first 12 months of the Rubio or Jeb administration, first 12 to 18 months, the donor-class agenda is implemented, including amnesty and whatever else they want. That is the objective here. That's what I think all this adds up to."

Related Stories:

© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

And another:

Chuck Schumer: Why yes, Marco Rubio’s fingerprints are all over our terrible Gang of Eight amnesty bill
posted at 3:21 pm on November 6, 2015 by Allahpundit

The key bit comes a minute in. Alternate headline: “Chuck Schumer shows Ben Carson how to stab a guy.”

Rubio’s campaign shrugged this off in a statement to CNN: Yes, yes, we all know he was part of the Gang of Eight. Schumer’s not breaking any news. It’s not even news that Rubio supported the path to citizenship in the Gang of Eight bill; he remains in favor of eventual citizenship for illegals to this day. The value of the clip isn’t that he’s telling us something we don’t know, it’s that it’s Schumer himself — conservative public enemy number one in Congress on immigration — clearly attempting to hug Rubio to death on camera in the middle of a tight Republican primary. Remember that odd video that Mitch McConnell’s campaign released in the middle of his Senate campaign in 2014 showing him smiling at the camera, sitting quietly with his wife and looking at the viewer, chatting with Kentucky voters sans audio, etc? There was a purpose to that: McConnell wanted his Super PAC to have that stock footage so that they could cut ads with it, but the law bars candidates from privately coordinating with PACs. So McConnell simply posted the footage online, knowing that the PAC would find it and use it. This Schumer takedown of Rubio reminds me of that insofar as it’s Schumer’s way of informally coordinating with Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. He knows full well that Rubio’s opponents are going to pick this up and put it in ads. That’s why he poured it on in “praising” Rubio for the extent of his involvement in the Gang, especially the citizenship part. Ted Cruz’s Super PAC will be running this soundbite 10 times a day in the south in the weeks before the “SEC primary.” It’s practically a campaign contribution from Schumer.

As for why Schumer would want to help Trump and Cruz stop Rubio, you know why. They’ll tell you who they fear. Right?

Reactions: Predarat
One more (from a pro-Cruz super PAC):

Pro-Cruz group releases ad hitting Rubio because other super PAC’s spots are “boring”
imrs.php

One pro-Cruz super PAC said another has boring ads. (AP Photo/LM Otero, File)

A small super PAC supporting the presidential campaign of Sen. Ted Cruz has released a radio ad hitting Sen. Marco Rubio -- in part because they don't like spots another pro-Cruz super PAC is airing.

The Courageous Conservatives PAC created a 60-second radio ad to air in Iowa during talk radio shows slamming Rubio for doing little in the Senate aside from working with others to craft a controversial immigration reform bill that did not pass.

"We all loved how Marco Rubio took apart Jeb Bush in the debate. Wasn’t it great? But what’s Rubio ever done? Anything? Other than his gang of eight amnesty bill, can anyone think of anything Marco Rubio's ever done?" the ad said. "Anything at all besides amnesty? Marco Rubio looks good on TV, but that’s about it."

Rick Shaftan, a consultant for the group, said it was disappointed with radio ads put out this week by Keep the Promise I, a pro-Cruz super PAC funded by hedge fund multimillionaire Robert Mercer that, as of June 30, had $10,470,926 in the bank.

[Read: Cruz super PAC releases radio ads; one boasts about Boehner attack]

"What we want to see is the other pro-Cruz super PACs follow our lead and make ads that reflect the candidate. The candidate is an exciting guy. Boring ads don’t cut it," Shaftan said. "People are concerned that there’s gonna be wimpy ads in defense of Ted Cruz."

The Courageous Conservatives PAC released an ad supporting Ted Cruz to air in Iowa. The 60-second spot slams Marco Rubio for his Senate performance. (YouTube/MountaintopMedia)

"We welcome supporters of Ted Cruz on the air, whether they spend $1 million or $12,000, to inform voters of the Senator's solid conservative principles and winning record. We look forward to working hard to elect Ted Cruz the next President of the United States," Keep the Promise I president Kellyanne Conway said in a statement.

The group released eight radio ads this week as part of a million-dollar buy. The radio ads are running nationally and on local stations in Iowa and South Carolina, two early voting states. The super PAC said they are on faith-based radio networks and will play during conservative talk shows, including "The Rush Limbaugh Show" and Laura Ingraham.

Personally, if conservatives can't rally around Rubio, then I don't think we deserve to win.

The Dems know immigration is a huge wedge issue that fractures the GOP base (among a few other issues) and they are skillful in finding creative ways to drive that wedge. I think Schumer knew he could hurt Rubio's standing with conservatives by saying Rubio was "our kind of Republican". I think in reality Dems are terrified of a Rubio presidency combined with a Ryan-led House of Representatives.

I'm not committed to voting for Rubio in the primary, but if he wins the nomination I'll be all in. The primary appears to be trending toward a battle between Rubio, Cruz, and one other TBD candidate, either a resurgent Jeb or whichever of the three outsiders is the flavor of the month during the early primary states. Jeb is obviously sinking fast, but given his resources I'm not ready to totally rule him out. I will support whoever emerges from the field, so long as it's not Trump.

Personally, if conservatives can't rally around Rubio, then I don't think we deserve to win.

The Dems know immigration is a huge wedge issue that fractures the GOP base (among a few other issues) and they are skillful in finding creative ways to drive that wedge. I think Schumer knew he could hurt Rubio's standing with conservatives by saying Rubio was "our kind of Republican". I think in reality Dems are terrified of a Rubio presidency combined with a Ryan-led House of Representatives.

I'm not committed to voting for Rubio in the primary, but if he wins the nomination I'll be all in. The primary appears to be trending toward a battle between Rubio, Cruz, and one other TBD candidate, either a resurgent Jeb or whichever of the three outsiders is the flavor of the month during the early primary states. Jeb is obviously sinking fast, but given his resources I'm not ready to totally rule him out. I will support whoever emerges from the field, so long as it's not Trump.

Randall,

I agree with your post with the exception of your last statement regarding Trump. I will vote for whoever our nominee is. A Hillary Clinton presidency would be essentially a third term of Obama--or worse--and we absolutely cannot allow that to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT