ADVERTISEMENT

Peters leaning toward Raiders

RaiderDawg78

All American
Sep 7, 2005
I came across this article in my old home county paper. Peters is currently a 2 star OL prospect. He is 6'7" 294 lbs.

Harriman's Peters picking up D1 offers, Vols staying quiet

By Bradley Stringfield
Friday, May 15, 2015 at 12:45 pm (Updated: May 15, 1:35 pm)

Harriman offensive lineman Treyton Peters’ phone has been steadily ringing in recent weeks.

The upcoming senior has received nine offers so far, and that list is expect to continue growing as football season gets closer.

“It’s been real exciting with all the offers coming in and the attention, but it’s also been really tiring having to run to all of these colleges,” Peters said.

“It’s a lot of time on the road, and that’s all anyone wants to talk about how it is, but I’m glad that it’s happening. I feel really blessed and honored that it is.”

Peters has received offers from Appalachian State, Austin Peay, East Tennessee State, Furman, Cornell, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, Western Carolina and Western Kentucky so far.

Last season, the 6-foot-7, 290 pound lineman helped lead Harriman to the Class 1-A playoffs, and was part of the group blocking for running back Garrett Greene, who rushed for 1,650 yards and is starting to generate some recruiting buzz of his own.

“I’m kind of leaning toward (MTSU), but I really want to get out to Memphis,” Peters said.

“They’ve got a good program, and they’ve got a law school so I can just roll right on into it. ... Kentucky and Vanderbilt are showing quite a bit of interest, so we’ll see how that goes.”

Other schools such as Yale, Georgia Southern, and Louisville have also showed interested in Peters. However, one in-state SEC school remains quiet, but that doesn’t seem to bother Peters.

“I’ve had very limited contact with University of Tennessee. They’re not really high on my list. One, they’re not showing as much interest as the other schools. I want to go where I’m wanted. If I’m going to have to sit around, and beg and plead it’s going to hurt their chances, but it’s definitely something to think about with them being right there and it being an SEC program.

“I’d have to play that one by ear. There’s definitely been some interest, but for them to not even show a ton of interest is really going to hurt them.”

Peters has until next spring to make a decision, but first comes the 2015 football season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT