ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Other CUSA bowls

It's early in the bowl season still, but early results pose a question. Did C-USA stink even worse than most of us imagined this year? It would explain a lot including much of the concern and frustration by most on here during ooc play just before conf play started.

FIU won a thriller over Toledo, 35-32, in the Bahamas Bowl today.

CUSA is at least saving face after the UNT & MT debacles..

I wonder if the ADs of the conference realize that it's possible for the Sunbelt to pass the conference up in terms of perception? Because it is...

Reactions: Hop45
Why? Because their champion won? They are 2-1 in bowl games. We're 3-2. The amount of people perceiving that is pretty low. Not many folks care about G5 ball.

Sun Belt > CUSA

App St., Georgia Southern, and Troy would run circles around the teams in CUSA. Already saw what happened when the "East Champion" played an App St. team with interim coaches. A middling Coastal Carolina squad DESTROYED our Conference Champion. Georgia Southern would pound any team CUSA put forth.

It's pretty clear who's better on the field right now. CUSA only benefits from perception because of the success of the conference 10 years ago, when there were actually good teams and programs in the conference. CUSA's perception is nothing but a facade right now. Thankfully the MAC is way down right now or it'd easily be the worst conference in D1.

Wiley makes some strong points. I still think no one cares but the top 3 of the belt is better than our top 3 by far.

Sun Belt > CUSA

App St., Georgia Southern, and Troy would run circles around the teams in CUSA. Already saw what happened when the "East Champion" played an App St. team with interim coaches. A middling Coastal Carolina squad DESTROYED our Conference Champion. Georgia Southern would pound any team CUSA put forth.

It's pretty clear who's better on the field right now. CUSA only benefits from perception because of the success of the conference 10 years ago, when there were actually good teams and programs in the conference. CUSA's perception is nothing but a facade right now. Thankfully the MAC is way down right now or it'd easily be the worst conference in D1.

The MAC won't be down for long but Buffalo was exposed as an overrated paper tiger when Ohio boat raced them by like 50. Then Ohio shut out San Diego State in a bowl to show they were actually the best team in the MAC regardless of record. Would love to see our Blue Raiders schedule them. Their marching band is also interesting to say the least -

Frank Solich is a legendary coach. He knows how to get Ohio ready despite the talent level they have. 74 years old too.

However, the MAC got owned in this bowl season. They are paper champions. I would loved to have drawn Northern Illinois or Western Michigan rather than App freakin State.

After La Tech's dismantling of Hawaii, CUSA finishes the bowl season with a 4-2 mark.

The Sun Belt is currently 3-1 with Arkansas State still on the docket. They play Nevada on the 29th.

The MAC put together an impressive 1-5 mark this bowl season..

CUSA > SUBELT...and there is no question.

Want proof? Every single Sunbelt school would jump ship in a second to come to CUSA. Not a single CUSA school would go to the Belt.

Want proof? Every single Sunbelt school would jump ship in a second to come to CUSA. Not a single CUSA school would go to the Belt.
I will say that the difference between the two conferences is a lot closer than what we were hoping for when we made the move. C-USA leadership is pitiful.

For money purposes only. On the field, there is no comparison. And soon, there will be no differences in $$$.

And I adamantly disagree that all SBC schools would join CUSA if given the opportunity. Adamantly disagree.

For money purposes only. On the field, there is no comparison. And soon, there will be no differences in $$$.

And I adamantly disagree that all SBC schools would join CUSA if given the opportunity. Adamantly disagree.

Not sure the payback is there for any SBC school leaving for CUSA now. I don't believe the tv $$$ margin is that great now, and the SBC, IIRC, upped the buyout to get out of the conference when MT and then WKU left. They do have better football at the top now but basketball there is still pretty much crap and they have non-football schools which have an advantage financially.

I do think that if Banowski invited Troy, App St. Ga Southern and Arky St, to this conference along with us, WKU instead of UTSA, ODU, Charlotte and FAU, this would be a much stronger conference. When ECU left, App St. was first in my mind as a replacement. Sheesh! How hard is it?

I know ARMY isn't in CUSA but they used to be. Watching them absolutely destroy Houston to get their 11th win was a site to behold. IT was legendary. 70-14. My dad served in Korea with the Army so I always root for them but they are a legit team. 8 wins in 16, 10 wins last year and now 11. Like Whoa!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT