ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL ODU blog: It's inevitable: Conference USA as we know it is going to change

I like the idea of olympic sports playing in more regional leagues. Why send your volleyball team all across texas if you can play closer opponents.

Fair enough. G5 conferences will change but it better be collecting the best programs to form one conference. None of this market size or has beens (ex southern miss). Get a group together that is already successful and focus less on potential.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I suspect little progress will be made by the conference as a whole as long as the current commish is in charge.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I don't know if I see a way forward.

How do you convince a fan base that you've been selling CUSA to for half a decade that all of a sudden you have to share a room with ULL and Arkansas State again?

One or two teams added to CUSA and maybe you can get by. WKU and Middle finds themselves back in the Sunbelt again and you might as well close up shop.

Don't underestimate the power of bruised egos.

Maybe you scrap it all and just start a new regional conference. One based in the South east and the other based in Texas and west of the Mississippi. But don't bring CUSA/Sunbelt branding.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT