ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB NET Rankings

Our NET being 31 right now means we still have an at-large bid, more than likely. Can't afford any more trip-ups though the rest of the year. We're a 10 in the latest ESPN Bracketology (vs 7 seed Gonzaga in Salt Lake City), which is safe for now but on the cusp of danger zone.

Louisville playing VA Tech for ACC Championship today. Even though it appears to be a losing effort, still a great turnaround for them. Look for Louisville to be troublesome in the NCAA Tournament. Pisses me off they're up to a 5 seed currently while we're still settled in as an 11.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Houston is up to #71 in NET Rankings & appears to be on the way to winning the AAC's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
That is turning out to be a very nice resume win from earlier this season.

Houston is up to #71 in NET Rankings & appears to be on the way to winning the AAC's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
That is turning out to be a very nice resume win from earlier this season.
Houston ends up losing by 2 in championship game

That's probably where it will stay. WKU would be a Q3 win. Houston and Louisville winning their champs would've helped but oh well. UTSA beating Rice didn't help either. I think we are in no matter what but we have a shot so I'd much prefer to knock the goats out of the conversation.

Plus this would be Insell's 9th tournament champ in 18yrs. Meaning we essentially win every other year. I think winning would give us a slightly better seed too. We'd be more equal against a 7 seed than a 4-6 seed. We've only made it to the Round of 32 once. I'd like to at the minimum see that happen. Don't want a one and done. Depending on our bracket I think we can go past that.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
That's probably where it will stay. WKU would be a Q3 win. Houston and Louisville winning their champs would've helped but oh well. UTSA beating Rice didn't help either. I think we are in no matter what but we have a shot so I'd much prefer to knock the goats out of the conversation.

Plus this would be Insell's 9th tournament champ in 18yrs. Meaning we essentially win every other year. I think winning would give us a slightly better seed too. We'd be more equal against a 7 seed than a 4-6 seed. We've only made it to the Round of 32 once. I'd like to at the minimum see that happen. Don't want a one and done. Depending on our bracket I think we can go past that.
Have to agree with you on as high a seed as possible. Originally I was hoping for an 11 or 12 seed, considering if we won 1st round we wouldn't be against a 1 or 2 in the 2nd round with those seeds. After reviewing our ncaa record since 2007 that's probably a bad narrative. Rick's teams have only won 1 first round game in like 10 attempts anyway.
Best not to count eggs before they're hatched. If we can get an 8 or 9 seed compared to a 10 or 11, just best to take it.
No need to worry about who we'll play in 2nd round, just try to get round 1 safely out of the way. A 1st round game will be tough enough as it is.

Bracketology.png

This is the current bracketology. If this is indeed where we end up, I like our chances (and College Park would be a great place - I would go down for it!)

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
AP just dropped MT out of top 25 to 26. More motivation to set things right in Durham.
It's stuff like this that makes me think that it is good these women didn't wait for an at large bid and just went ahead and won the AQ. WBB is every bit as corrupt and rigged against the non-P5 programs as the MBB and college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT