ADVERTISEMENT

SOFTBALL ncaa

Didn't get to watch game today. But if Mead went at least 4 or 5 innings I say put her down for regional MVP so far!

A heck of a run. They belonged there all weekend. Essentially had one bad inning all weekend which is pretty amazing considering every game was against a top 25 team. Hats off ladies, very well done

So Middle Tennessee softball in 1 weekend recorded 3 NCAA postseason tournament victories. Each of those 3 were all Top 25 wins.
How does this team rank in MT's history of postseason successes? I'm having trouble comparing success of this team to say Kermit's NCAA teams. Those teams did send shock waves for their single victories, & in turn reaching the 2nd round in a major sport.
Our softball team didn't reach the next round or super regional, but they performed phenomenally well with 3 top 25 victories in 1 weekend.
How high on our scale of successful teams would you guys rate this year's softball squad?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I know MBB and WBB have had successes in post season previously but in SB you have to play on a host's home field against their home fans to survive and advance. The double elimination nature almost makes forcing the regional finals into an additional elimination game almost like advancing in basketball to a sweet 16. They were really playing at a high level I thought the whole weekend, even the first loss to bama, they had taken a lead twice only to have a bad inning where a series of pitchers struggled to get them out. I don't think there's ever been a post season set up where it more against the odds to have success over a series of games than what our softball women faced.

The regular season was a middle of the pack performance, but the post season run was exceptional, considering the odds and environment.

I know MBB and WBB have had successes in post season previously but in SB you have to play on a host's home field against their home fans to survive and advance. The double elimination nature almost makes forcing the regional finals into an additional elimination game almost like advancing in basketball to a sweet 16. They were really playing at a high level I thought the whole weekend, even the first loss to bama, they had taken a lead twice only to have a bad inning where a series of pitchers struggled to get them out. I don't think there's ever been a post season set up where it more against the odds to have success over a series of games than what our softball women faced.

The regular season was a middle of the pack performance, but the post season run was exceptional, considering the odds and environment.
I believe this is a fairly young team, if they use the portal. They will be a force for a while.

News article popped up on my phone yesterday concerning the new rankings of the super regional 16 finalists. Due to the fact Alabama had such trouble eliminating Middle Tennessee, Alabama was dropped from the #5 ranked team in the country to now #14 of the 16 remaining teams.
As painful as it is to say for MT's sake I would like to see Bama sweep Northwestern. The better they do now the stronger we look.
Wish we had Mead 1 more year.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
News article popped up on my phone yesterday concerning the new rankings of the super regional 16 finalists. Due to the fact Alabama had such trouble eliminating Middle Tennessee, Alabama was dropped from the #5 ranked team in the country to now #14 of the 16 remaining teams.
As painful as it is to say for MT's sake I would like to see Bama sweep Northwestern. The better they do now the stronger we look.
Wish we had Mead 1 more year.
yeah I saw a video on youtube from an analyst throwing a whole lot of disrespect on Bama and her ranking was the same kind of thing.

She also noted the disappointing performance of UCA, that she thought if UCA had gotten the chance they could have eliminated the Tide. Completely passed over/ignored Middle Tennessee.

Reactions: MTFAN61
And Northwestern beats the Tide, keeping Bama to 1 run for 3rd consecutive game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT