4. MTSU
5. Louisiana Tech
6. FIU
7. Sam Houston
8. NMSU
9. UTEP

What are yours?

I would swap us and Jacksonville St. and maybe FIU and la tech

I’m telling y’all, SHSU is going to be a problem for our league.

I’m telling y’all, SHSU is going to be a problem for our league.
100%. SHSU currently is dead last in ESPN offensive efficiency. But their schedule is front loaded having already played Air Force and BYU, with Houston this week.

But defensively, they are ranked 9th. The gave up 14 to BYU and 13 to Air Force. Both of those teams have scored almost 40pts in their other games. They also are both top 15 defensively as well.

Once they get the offensive woes figured out and hit conference play, they will be good. Keeler is one heck of a coach.

For comparison we are ranked 87th defensively.

Every single team in my opinion is about equal except WKU and Liberty, who are a step above. Overall, there are no layups in the conference this year. I thought FIU might be their usual flaming pile of garbage, but they're actually playing good football so far this year.

There's going to be a lot of losses and everyone beating everyone this year IMO. Any team caught napping for any week this year will lose.

In the end though, hard to see WKU or Liberty not winning it. They do seem to be a step or two above everyone else in the conference, mainly because they don't have any obvious weaknesses and they have very good QB play. That's the formula for winning these G5 leagues.

I did see that. I wonder if they are redshirting a lot of players like SHSU did last year. I know they are breaking in a newer offense and it doesn’t seem to going too well.
Could be... I didn't know SHSU did that last year. I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere and I just missed it.

I did see that. I wonder if they are redshirting a lot of players like SHSU did last year. I know they are breaking in a newer offense and it doesn’t seem to going too well.
Kennesaw was not and is not ready for the move. They will be a disaster. There were much better choices UCA, MSU, EKU.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Get us into the MAC ASAFP. This conference is a death sentence.
What about the MAC is so much better? Genuinely curious. Geography is slightly better overall but the majority we would still be flying to (JSU and KSU are bus rides for us now). The TV deal is on par with the one we have now. Reputation isn’t much better. Outside of maybe slightly better geography and stability I don’t see the positives. SBC or AAC I can understand but the MAC seems like a less interesting CUSA with better stability. Now if the MAC added us WKU, JSU and Delaware I’d be interested.

If we are stuck in CUSA forever and never have a chance to move out to something better, than I would rather just go MAC. If CUSA is a temporary home then that's fine (in a short-term).

MAC > CUSA in terms of teams and reputation. Still not great, but better than CUSA. CUSA is clearly bottom of the barrel and across the country it's viewed as that.

Last edited:
Does anyone think the Sun Belt would ever take us back? If so, would you want to make that move?
Back to the 'Belt in a freaking heartbeat. No. Questions. Asked. It's 100% where we belong culture wise, geography, and budget. Great rivals in Southern Miss, Troy, and Marshall along with known names like App State and JMU. If I were AD I'd even take a reduced share till the next deal.

The question is would they want us. Good news is most of the people we pissed off years ago are gone and even Colorado proved you can come back home under a new regime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT