ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING MTSU adds priority offensive tackle target

OFFERS: Ball State, Eastern Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, Arkansas State, Liberty, Austin Peay, Cornell, Lindenwood, ULM, Navy, Fordham, Elon, UT-Martin, Army, Wofford, Furman

When is your O-line preview coming out? I think many people consider this as one of the primary make or break question marks for the team this year. Glad to hear CDM is thinking we're 2 deep already. I honestly had no idea we could have that kind of available depth. Look forward to your report.

When is your O-line preview coming out? I think many people consider this as one of the primary make or break question marks for the team this year. Glad to hear CDM is thinking we're 2 deep already. I honestly had no idea we could have that kind of available depth. Look forward to your report.

Will be a raw group, but this is the best size for the volume of O-line athletes I can practically remember MT having in some time. As some prognosticators point out there's no doubt we lost a lot to the transfer portal last year, along with our entire coaching staff which yields some major concerns for this season. I can get that.
However, still wish to point out last year's line for MT was considered one of the weakest in all of fbs as proven by its 4-8 record. Part of that failure was also from a pretty weak coaching staff as well.
My thoughts are losing all those prior coaches & players are not necessarily a bad thing.
Yes there are concerns early on, but don't be surprised that with better coaching by late fall this line can & will be considerably better than the one we saw in the fall of 2023.

Will be a raw group, but this is the best size for the volume of O-line athletes I can practically remember MT having in some time. As some prognosticators point out there's no doubt we lost a lot to the transfer portal last year, along with our entire coaching staff which yields some major concerns for this season. I can get that.
However, still wish to point out last year's line for MT was considered one of the weakest in all of fbs as proven by its 4-8 record. Part of that failure was also from a pretty weak coaching staff as well.
My thoughts are losing all those prior coaches & players are not necessarily a bad thing.
Yes there are concerns early on, but don't be surprised that with better coaching by late fall this line can & will be considerably better than the one we saw in the fall of 2023.
Seeing Marcus Miller take on a leadership role with this unit and be able to play both inside and RT makes me feel better about the line but need the top guys to stay healthy this fall. The position group is definitely headed in the right direction but the staff has to find the pieces to hold over until then imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT