ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MT lands Carlos Curry (Story inside)

Carlos Curry is listed at 6'11 and 220 pounds. He also has a 7'2" wingspan. This is elite size and length for a basketball prospect.

This is a HUGE get. A buddy of mine 2-3 weeks ago texted me about him and said we were going to get him and how big of a deal that is. He lives in Missouri and is a Missouri State fan, and said that they were trying to recruit him as well, but knew they didn't have much of a shot. Pretty awesome to get a true BIG.

Not sure about the quality of his opposition in the film of him but he was clearly the best player on the floor. Surely with the teams we beat out for him he's the real deal. In Kermit I trust ;)

Huge pickup! Nevermind the competition he was playing against. You can tell he is going to be good by the way he shoots, handles the ball, and moves for a big man. If he can put on a little more weight he will be a dominant player in our league.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
MTSU men's basketball picks up commitment from 2018 forward Carlos Curry

excerpt:

Curry, a senior forward at Dougherty High in Albany, Ga., also had offers from Florida State, Oklahoma and Western Kentucky, three programs Curry had visited and put a lot of thought into before ultimately deciding he wanted to be in Murfreesboro.

"I just really liked their system, the way they operate, and their coaching," he said. "And I have a good relationship with the upcoming players in the 2018 class, so that made me feel very comfortable about my decision."

Up now on Goblueraiders.com for the other two commits. Should we be worried about Curry?

As far as I know they were hoping to have him signed today. Haven't heard anything to suggest a need to worry.

Gotcha. I know sometimes they have the signings later in the day at school. The high school I went to had a function where the athlete(s) signed after school in the gymnasium.

Curry looks like he has the potential to be an NBA player to me. The league is really after those versatile big men who can stretch the floor with their outside shots. I know Davis will make him even better. I think we've got a legit first round selection talent here if Curry continues to develop his game. The fact that he came out of nowhere leads me to believe he still has a lot more potential to tap into and our coaching staff has shown they are some of the best in the country when it comes to developing prospects.

Can't wait to see Curry in Blue. All these new signing are going to make us even more of a threat. We can start to challenge for the sweet 16 and elite 8 now, and who knows maybe a Final Four appearance where anything can happen.

Exciting times for Blue Raider basketball. Welcome to Murfreesboro, Mr. Curry !

Really excited about this class! With regards to Curry is he 6-10 245 or is he 6-11 220? I've seen both those metric thrown out there.

Really excited about this class! With regards to Curry is he 6-10 245 or is he 6-11 220? I've seen both those metric thrown out there.

I think 220 is the most accurate...he is lean but again can run the floor and has an outside game.

If he is indeed 6-10 245 then he is comparable in size to Brandon Walters who is 6-10 250

Last edited:
Early signing creeped up on me. The year is flying by!

Incredible! Now those are incredibly impressive signings. Count me really impressed. All of the success of the recent years is clearly starting to pay off now in recruiting. All 3 are HS Seniors who are highly ranked and highly sought. Again, another major milestone for MT basketball. For so many years, this is the sort of recruiting signings that have been hoped and dreamed for as MT basketball fans. Legit talent. Maybe even more impressive is the legit size for recruits coming out of HS.

It will be exciting to see these young men hit the hardwood in The Glass House next year.

Reactions: MTsumner92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT