ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL MT gets MONSTER transfer!

MT need help - and size - on the OL. They appear to have found it in Netori Johnson (6’4 320) and Jamair Williams (6’3 300).

MT could use some beef up front, but the staff appears to be doing a solid job of using portal. Time to round it out with a few DL / LB

Is he coming in as guard or defensive tackle? It looks Georgia had him on the o line, then switched him to d line, then back to o line this past season

Is he coming in as guard or defensive tackle? It looks Georgia had him on the o line, then switched him to d line, then back to o line this past season
A player that size is usually more of a two down DL, lining up at 0 technique (head over center) or 1 technique (between center and guard).

I'd be shocked if he lined up at DL for MT. All signs point toward MT overhauling offense through transfer portal, additions to staff (new OC and Brent Stockstill), and Rick Stockstill comments about wanting a more traditional QB with more of a drop back passing attack.

A player that size is usually more of a two down DL, lining up at 0 technique (head over center) or 1 technique (between center and guard).

I'd be shocked if he lined up at DL for MT. All signs point toward MT overhauling offense through transfer portal, additions to staff (new OC and Brent Stockstill), and Rick Stockstill comments about wanting a more traditional QB with more of a drop back passing attack.

He was a much better Olineman at Cedar Grove, freaky athletic.

Reactions: MTLynn
This is starting to really get on my nerves. We were really bad the last two seasons but it was OK, because I went into the season with no expectations. Now, they go out and get some transfers and start giving me hope again. If they rip my heart out another time...

Reactions: C-Bow and MTLynn
This is starting to really get on my nerves. We were really bad the last two seasons but it was OK, because I went into the season with no expectations. Now, they go out and get some transfers and start giving me hope again. If they rip my heart out another time...
Everyone else is getting good transfers too.

They will get back to 7-5 and 8-4 football and extensions for everyone. The main issue is they haven't addressed the Dline inside and out, or Linebackers and DB's.

They will get back to 7-5 and 8-4 football and extensions for everyone. The main issue is they haven't addressed the Dline inside and out, or Linebackers and DB's.
There were some pretty good Dline and LB recruits the last couple of years they are probably counting on more to do that. I think a few of them will be good, but I would take a couple of transfers at those positions as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT