ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ Rice, 2PM, Sunday, March 1, 2020

I never said anything about getting rid of him or anyone in particular.. but he has been a disappointment this season in terms of his performance.. all 3 shooting percentages dropped this year, barely outpacing the turnovers with assists, and on defense he can't stay in front of anyone..

Typically the best passer/ball handler doesn't lead the team in turnovers..

Maybe the reason he leads the team in turnovers is because he is handling the ball so much. He is top three in minutes played and is only true PG on the team, which means he is handling the ball more than anyone else on the team.

With respect to his defense, no one on the team can stay in front of anyone, so why pick him out. I think the bad defense has much more to do with the coaching than the players.

Maybe the reason he leads the team in turnovers is because he is handling the ball so much. He is top three in minutes played and is only true PG on the team, which means he is handling the ball more than anyone else on the team.

With respect to his defense, no one on the team can stay in front of anyone, so why pick him out. I think the bad defense has much more to do with the coaching than the players.

That's not the issue.

As a freshman, he had one turnover every 14 and 1/2 minutes played.

As a sophomore, it started to go down. He had one TO every 14 min.

As a junior, he has a turnover every 11 minutes.

He's turning the ball over because of the McDevitts style of play. And the fact that coaching isn't there to do it. Instead of coaching to his team he's tried to make these guys fit his system.

It's ego driven coaching. And the results speak for themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT