ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee home for the week APSU 3/15, then ODU series the weeken

SCHEDULE
Austin Peay: March 15 - 6 p.m.
Old Dominion: March 18 - 6 p.m.
Old Dominion: March 19 - 3 p.m.
Old Dominion: March 20 - 11 a.m.

Have we settle on a starting rotation?
Records for all MT teams are easily found on GoBlueRaiders.com
As for starting rotation, although I want MT to succeed in all sports I don't follow BB, in fact I dislike the sport, and couldn't tell you the name of one player, much less pitcher.

Reactions: MTLynn
Maybe we should give Chris Sain from Trevecca a raise. He went 36-13 last year (first year) and went to the D2 World Series. They are currently ranked 6th in D2 with 14-2 record. Trevecca went 22-23, 26-23, 28-22 and 6-11 in the seasons prior to him getting there.

Maybe we should give Chris Sain from Trevecca a raise. He went 36-13 last year (first year) and went to the D2 World Series. They are currently ranked 6th in D2 with 14-2 record. Trevecca went 22-23, 26-23, 28-22 and 6-11 in the seasons prior to him getting there.
Anyone know when Toman’s contract expires?

ODU will be the 2nd or 3rd best team we play this year behind Vandy and maybe La Tech.

Unless something changes, which will be difficult against this schedule, we will actually have regressed since we let McGuire go.

ODU will be the 2nd or 3rd best team we play this year behind Vandy and maybe La Tech.

Unless something changes, which will be difficult against this schedule, we will actually have regressed since we let McGuire go.

Not sure I agree with this. We missed the conference tournament Mag's last 3 seasons, and he had an overall losing record as our HC. Full disclosure, I fully supported Coach Mags getting the HC job, and was sad it didn't work out for him. He put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into that program.

I liked what I saw from Toman's 2020 squad before the season was shutdown, and he had us back in the conference tournament last year with an opening round win.

He is turning it around. We split with a Big 10 team. Took 2 of 3 against an $EC team at their place. I'm not going to stress dropping early non-conference games, or only taking 1 of 3 against a really good ODU team. South Alabama is always strong, especially in Mobile.

I have faith he will have us clicking by mid-May.

Not sure I agree with this. We missed the conference tournament Mag's last 3 seasons, and he had an overall losing record as our HC. Full disclosure, I fully supported Coach Mags getting the HC job, and was sad it didn't work out for him. He put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into that program.

I liked what I saw from Toman's 2020 squad before the season was shutdown, and he had us back in the conference tournament last year with an opening round win.

He is turning it around. We split with a Big 10 team. Took 2 of 3 against an $EC team at their place. I'm not going to stress dropping early non-conference games, or only taking 1 of 3 against a really good ODU team. South Alabama is always strong, especially in Mobile.

I have faith he will have us clicking by mid-May.
I was talking strictly recordwise.

We were a .500 team the year we let Mags go.

Looking ahead this season, I see a lot more series I expect us to lose than win.
Turning it around to me means competing in our conference. It was good we made the conference tourney last year, but our expectations should be higher than making an 8 team conference tournament in year 4.

Like I said, maybe we improve, but I will be extremely disappointed in Toman if by year 4 we are not at 30+ wins or .500 in conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT