ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (6-5, 3-4) @ FIU (4-7, 2-5), ESPN3, 5PM, Saturday, November 26, 2022

The reffing was the worst I've seen all year. Absolutely horrible. We were playing FIU and the refs. Still got the DUB. I'll take it at this point. 7 is better than 3 or 4.

Having 3 OL go down and Frank in the first half explains a lot but the stare down penalty in the 4th was so stupid of the refs. I've never seen a stare down flag before. He didn't say anything nor wave his hands. He just looked at dude. That was first down at their 15 and instead backed us up to their 30. Then the penalty on the good kick. Jacoby saved our bacon with the pick six. It reminded me of the Troy game in 2012 when KB got the pick 6 to win that game.

It was rough but a dub is a dub and there are a lot of 6-6 teams out there right now. We will get priority now and are 4th in the league when we were nearly a lot lower.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
This season has done nothing to move the needle. I read someone say earlier about building off this for next year. Rick hasn’t built anything in 17 years how’s it going to start now?

Why did this season not move the needle?

1. First and foremost look at the stands. Aside from one game - against TSU where a quarter of the fans were from the other side there’s no pulse with this program and as a result no interest in it by the media or the casual fan.

2. How many losses is it now in the past decade against our primary rival?

3. We fluke a top 25 win but then lose three straight after that.

4. Eliminated from our own conference race before Columbus Day again.

5. Going .500 in the weakest league in America shouldn’t move anyone’s needle. But it is quintessential Stockstill.

6. We went .500 again last year but then won the bowl. Moving the need would require coming off that season into this one and capitalizing off that. Nothing has gotten better. We’re still the same .500 program within one standard deviation we have been through Ricks two decades here sans the two outliers with the one 10 win season and the one 10 loss season.

Has anyone (or can someone) put together a list of average attendance by year for the past 15-20 years. I’m curious.

This season has done nothing to move the needle. I read someone say earlier about building off this for next year. Rick hasn’t built anything in 17 years how’s it going to start now?

Why did this season not move the needle?

1. First and foremost look at the stands. Aside from one game - against TSU where a quarter of the fans were from the other side there’s no pulse with this program and as a result no interest in it by the media or the casual fan.

2. How many losses is it now in the past decade against our primary rival?

3. We fluke a top 25 win but then lose three straight after that.

4. Eliminated from our own conference race before Columbus Day again.

5. Going .500 in the weakest league in America shouldn’t move anyone’s needle. But it is quintessential Stockstill.

6. We went .500 again last year but then won the bowl. Moving the need would require coming off that season into this one and capitalizing off that. Nothing has gotten better. We’re still the same .500 program within one standard deviation we have been through Ricks two decades here sans the two outliers with the one 10 win season and the one 10 loss season.
All valid honest points. You can't disagree with any of them.

For me, it's a viewpoint. I've always been a glass half full type. We finished 7-6 last year with a bowl win. Started this season 3-1. JMU loss sucked but they at least essentially won their division. Absolutely shouldn't have happened but still. At least it wasn't SEMO or McNeese.

We struggled mid season and finished strong as we always do against week opponents. Still, Rick can't help so many teams in our conference are below .500. All he can do is play them. We still finished 7-5 with a possible 8-5.

That would involve a top 25 win, (ranked now or not they were when we played them...I hate that argument). And if we finish 8-5 it will be back2back bowl wins for the first time ever and an improvement in record from .538 to .615.

Is it amazing, no. But I'd rather show improvement, facilities breaking ground first of spring, and have what to me is positive program momentum.

His record is still atrocious against teams with winning records. No doubt. And I absolutely have doubts he is capable of 10 wins every year, facilities or not. But he is here. Isn't going anywhere, so why not support the players as much as we can and look toward a positive future.

That's my thoughts on it.

Has anyone heard if Frank Peasant will be available for bowl game or done for the year

Unreal. I want to know if this season moved the needle for anyone?

No.

They think this is a good season. The coaches and admins are celebrating like they accomplished something outstanding.

18 years in, this is a minimum for an acceptable season, perhaps during a rebuilding year. This is not an accomplishment to be celebrated. Maybe, back in 2007 or so, when we were still building a program, but not now.

That disconnect is why the stands are empty.

The stupid thing is, Stock doesn't even need a contract. He could have no contract and there'd still be no end in sight because NOBODY is poaching Stock from us, and Stock would never leave because the admin would never get rid of him.

No.

They think this is a good season. The coaches and admins are celebrating like they accomplished something outstanding.

18 years in, this is a minimum for an acceptable season, perhaps during a rebuilding year. This is not an accomplishment to be celebrated. Maybe, back in 2007 or so, when we were still building a program, but not now.

That disconnect is why the stands are empty.
In their minds, spending the week of Christmas Eve in Hawaii with a handful of fans on the University’s dime is a win!!

Fire up the Don Ho music and the blue Hawaiian shirts!!

Reactions: RaiderDeez
In a Twitter thread Murphy mentioned he was hearing Hawaii and there was only one main admin wanting to go there. Murphy is a vocal supporter of Stock but also has been critical of the admin, which I will give him credit for.

Really not hard to figure out who it is. I swear the more I see, the less I blame Stock and CM for the mess we are in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT