ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (6-16, 3-6) @ UAB (14-8, 6-3), 7PM, Saturday, February 2, 2019

excerpt:

The Blue Raiders are gunning for back to back victories against UAB after knocking off the Blazers 71-65 at home on Wednesday.

MTSU pulled away late with a 38-32 second half run behind 41.1% from the field and four more makes at the foul line.

The Alabama-Birmingham Blazers had won four straight before cooling off against visiting Middle Tennessee State on Wednesday.

Donovan Sims paced the Blue Raiders 19 points, nine rebounds and four assists with Antonio Greene adding 17 points and six boards.

Middle Tennessee saw Reggie Scurry net 14 points and seven rebounds followed by Jayce Johnson with eleven points and five pulls.

Alabama-Birmingham held a slight edge in marksmanship at 43.9% but were hurt by 16 giveaways and an 11-19 effort at the stripe.

Zack Bryant led the Blazers with a contest high 21 points with six boards and five assists with Lewis Sullivan adding 13 points and five pulls.

Makhtar Gueye gave UAB another 13 points and four rebounds followed by Tavin Lovan and Jalen Perry with seven points each.

The Blue Raiders are 5-16 ATS in their last 21 games overall and are 2-10 ATS in their last 12 road games. UAB Blazers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 Saturday games and UAB Blazers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall and UAB Blazers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Conference USA. The Blue Raiders are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings and under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.

Most likely a loss but if a couple of Raiders have a hot hand then they can get a win

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Looking forward to watching tonight...be very interesting how UAB responds/changes their approach to us after loosing, and be interesting if CNM adjusts.

We need a road win, why not tonight.

Scurry with the hot hand. 54-53 uab with 9:39 left in the 2nd half

Decided to watch the game tonight. Regardless of what happens, we are finally starting to look like a college basketball team. Not a great one, and I wouldn't even say a good one, but we are competent and getting better and giving great effort. All good signs and the fruits of their labor are starting to show. I feel like McDevitt is finally starting to grasp the cards in his hand and utilizing our limited roster as efficiently as he can. Scurry is operating well in the paint tonight despite being towered over by UAB's forwards. It's a shame the dude wasn't blessed with a few more inches.

Playing well on the road is the mark of a good team in CBB. It is the most difficult thing you can do, especially in conference match-ups. I wouldn't say we are playing well, but we are playing hard and we are at least competent on the offensive and defensive ends. Really wish Farquhar would develop his 3 point shot. He shot a great % in high school and it would really open the floor up if he can knock some big shots down. Really holding out hope with him because I thought he could be special in this league. He just hasn't turned into the offensive threat I hoped he would be. Hopefully with time.

Let's pull this one off and broom sweep these clowns

Question for Kingaling, if you don't mind. Without being bias'd (i know that will be hard, but try to be objective here), how do you feel about the assistants on our staff? I really like the Bio on Andre Morgan and wonder if he will be looked at for head coaching gigs if things go well here but the other two seem to be a bit lacking in the experience department. What are your thoughts?

these refs are absolutely god awful. you don't make that call, but they also made some terrible calls against us earlier too so I guess it balances out. Great win for the guys

Reactions: Blueraider_Mike
these refs are absolutely god awful. you don't make that call, but they also made some terrible calls against us earlier too so I guess it balances out. Great win for the guys
Really? You don't call a block at the end of a game when it matters????? Why the hell wouldn't you? It's not hard to avoid contact and play good defense.

Really? You don't call a block at the end of a game when it matters????? Why the hell wouldn't you? It's not hard to avoid contact and play good defense.

It was an easy call a clear foul

Reactions: MTOleBlue
what did mcdevvit say after the game? stupid fvcking stream just dies right at the end of the game and theres no radio for this team anywhere to be found. our media coverage is a f'ing joke. I can find better coverage for the Grand Canyon @ Cal-State Bakerfields game.

Hot shooting continues.. finally on the road the basket didn’t shrink- but again the guys are running the offense, the motion, and all the various looks are starting to show- the duck ins, pick/pop, fades, the ball exchange- all stuff to get the defense to make choices and cause confusion.. only 5 TOs in the 2nd half.. clutch jumper by Hawthorne & the FTs for Sims on the questionable call (at least in the situation).. enjoy that ride home fellas!

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
This is what I think we all wanted this year. We knew it would be a tough season and most of us said we’d base success or not on improvement through season. Well we’re improving. 7 wins now and much better play even in recent losses. We should be able to finish the season with a few more in that lower quad. Let’s get to Frisco and see what happens.

If we beat WKU then I will say this year was a success for me.

I was literally just thinking the same thing. Either beat WKU @ their place, or find a way into the CUSA tournament and knock them out of the tournament. Nothing would make me happier than to ruin their season.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Don't sleep on Charlotte. Their record stinks, but they can play well in spots. Their record stinks but they play hard and never give up night in, night out (a lot like us).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT