ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (20-3, 10-0) at UTEP Miners (7-14, 5-4), (ASN/MyTV30) 7PM, Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017

IMO, Williams and Walters were the only players that consistently looked like they were really trying to win that game. Upshaw, for the most part, looked like he didn't want to be there. It's hard to fault a human who does so well who has a bad outing once every blue moon.

It was almost a text case for how to get upset and blow a lead and a 10 game win streak.

Don't get me wrong, this is one heck of a team that I'm really enjoying this season. I do wish that if MT were going to lose, it would have been vs one of the top 3 conf teams with a RPI at least close to 100. I also have to admit experiencing a fairly high level of frustration with C-USA. After MT, the conf as a whole stinks terribly this season. Last season wasn't a whole lot better. It was hard to imagine it was only going to get worse this season.

had a bad feeling...

upshaw's performance and effort come across as down right fishy

Last edited:
Upshaw looked like he had heard just before the game that his dog had died. Clearly his head wasn't in the game.

Only Williams and Walters played close to ability, not one other player played well, much less had a good game.

One positive; Monkey is off our back and can now focus on winning, not playing not to lose. Could help come tournament time.

still a lot of tough games ahead. A similar type performance against any team left on the schedule could get the Raiders beat. Very disappointing.

IMO, Williams and Walters were the only players that consistently looked like they were really trying to win that game. Upshaw, for the most part, looked like he didn't want to be there. It's hard to fault a human who does so well who has a bad outing once every blue moon.

It was almost a text case for how to get upset and blow a lead and a 10 game win streak.

Don't get me wrong, this is one heck of a team that I'm really enjoying this season. I do wish that if MT were going to lose, it would have been vs one of the top 3 conf teams with a RPI at least close to 100. I also have to admit experiencing a fairly high level of frustration with C-USA. After MT, the conf as a whole stinks terribly this season. Last season wasn't a whole lot better. It was hard to imagine it was only going to get worse this season.
CUSA has stunk since Louisville, Cincinnati left. We are experiencing what Memphis felt, although they were a much higher level, when the conference was known as Memphis and the rest. Last I checked our conference was ranked 21st. Hard to put lipstick on this pig. As for MT, we have been good for most of the season but these cold starts and streaks of shooting will catch up to us. At this point in the season the good teams start to peak and separate themselves from the the others. I hope we have another peak in us the next few weeks.
I believe we just lost our chance at an at-large. It's win the tournament or go home.

Loss from here to tournament was expected. We are a championship team. We will be fine. Basketball is crazy like that.

During the Signing Day festivities I was talking to a group of media guys and I made a mention that this Texas road trip was concerning because both UTSA and UTEP were playing really well.

I don't recall who said it or what the figure was, but somebody made a comment about the team having to spend an absurd amount of time either riding on a bus or flying on a plane during the trip. My memory is failing me, but it was an incredibly high number, one that made me think the trip got all the more harder..

For basketball, the Texas schools are a bad fit for the conference. Little chance for any rivalry and long trips in conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT