ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee (16-20, 4-11 C-USA) vs UT-Knoxville(20-16, 4-11 SEC), 6PM, Tuesday, April 19, 2016

utdailybeacon.com, excerpt:

...beating the Blue Raiders isn’t something that Tennessee has done well over the past few years. Despite holding a 37-23 record all-time over the Blue Raiders, UT has stumbled over MT over the course of the last 10 matchups.

The Blue Raiders hold a 6-4 advantage over the last 10 games played against their orange adversaries, and they haven’t allowed the Vols to beat them in back-to-back games since 2010-11.

“I just know, since I’ve been here, they’ve just kind of had their way with us,” Senzel said after the March win over MTSU. “We just try to be aggressive and throw strikes. It’s just another game for us.”

The Vols are fresh off a disappointing series 2-1 series loss to Auburn (17-19, 5-10) over the weekend. Despite winning game one of the series 13-4, the Vols lost their way in games two and three, losing 2-0 in the second game and falling 7-6 in game three after blowing a 5-0 lead the Vols had in the second inning.

“Every game takes a life of its own on,” head coach Dave Serrano said after his team’s 2-0 loss to the Tigers. “I know these guys are really trying hard. They’re giving their all to help this team win. But we can’t do it staying outside of our body. We’ve gotta stay within ourselves.”

The Vols will have Eric Freeman on the mound for them against the Blue Raiders. Freeman tossed five scoreless innings and only allowed five hits when he pitched against MTSU three weeks ago. The redshirt sophomore is 3-1 this season with a 3.26 ERA.

Meanwhile, the Blue Raiders (16-20, 4-11 C-USA) will send AJ Spencer out to pitch. Spencer is 1-0 this year with a 3.80 ERA this season.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT