GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

Hashtag: #TrueFamily, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_MBB
Instagram: @MT_MBB
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Date: Tuesday, Nov. 17
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Teams: Middle Tennessee (0-0) at Murray State (1-0)
Stadium: CFSB Center (8,500)
TV: American Sports Network (locally on WNAB 58)
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1)
Play-by-Play:Chip Walters
Analysis: Kyle Turnham

Live Audio/Live Streaming | Live Stats

goracers.com:

Old Rivals Meet Tuesday - Middle Tennessee At Murray State

Murray State Notes I Middle Tennessee Notes I OVC Weekly Report
Live Video I Live Audio I Live Stats

Date-Time:
Nov. 17, 7 p.m. CT tip Site: Murray, Ky.
Arena: CFSB Center (8,600)
TV: American Sports Network - Dave Anderson & Mark Adams
Radio: Racer Radio - WFGE 103.7 FM - Neal Bradley & Kenny Roth
Web Streaming:Audio: GoRacers.com & Froggy103.com Video: OVCDigitalNetwork.com
Live Stats: StatBroadcast.MurrayState.com
Twitter In Game: @RacersHoops @RacerDave23
Series
Overall:
Racers lead 103-34 Home: Racers lead 52-12 Away: Racers lead 45-19
Last 10: (Since 1998) Racers lead 6-4
Last Meeting: Racers won 68-49 at MTSU 2014
Last Home: MTSU won 80-62 at MSU 2013
Next
Racers:
Away (Nov. 20) Georgia
MTSU: Away (Nov. 21) Tennessee State

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will travel to play the Murray State Racers in a non-conference game on Tuesday.

The Murray State Racers are coming off of a win against Harris-Stowe by a score of 105-55. This game was never in doubt, as Murray State was up 54-24 at halftime. Damarcus Croaker led Murray State in scoring with 21 points and 5 assists. Gee McGhee scored 20 points, 5 assists, and 6 rebounds for Murray State. Brion Sanchious led Murray State in rebounding with 7 rebounds. Murray State shot 74.2% on free throws, 35.3% on three-pointers, and 57.6% on all field goal attempts. Murray State out rebounded their opponent by a total of 41-33. Murray State also had 27 assists and 15 turnovers. The Murray State defense forced 27 turnovers and had 13 steals.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have not played a game yet and are opening their regular season against Murray State. Middle Tennessee beat Faulkner in an exhibition game last Thursday by a score of 84-63. Middle Tennessee was up 49-36 at the half but Faulkner got within 6 six points before Middle Tennessee pulled away in the second half. Giddy Potts led Middle Tennessee in scoring with 27 points, 3 assists, and 5 rebounds. Reggie Upshaw also added 20 points and 13 rebounds. Middle Tennessee out rebounded their opponent by a total of 47-26 and scored 48 points in the paint. Middle Tennessee will be one of the last programs to open up their regular season this week.

Middle Tennessee is 5-11-1 ATS in their last 17 games overall. The over is 5-1 in Middle Tennessee’s last 6 games against the Ohio Valley Conference. Murray State is 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 non-conference games. Murray State is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games against Conference USA. The over is 5-2 in Murray State’s last 7 non-conference games.

This is a pretty even matchup that should be a very entertaining game.....

So Ivory is out with another concussion. Something tells me that this has been an ongoing thing during the off season and could end his career.

Hurting at the point. Copeland, Gamble, and Phillips need a lot more playing time. Our team will be pretty good as they come along. Murray State is good again. They will be in the dance.

Well based on the Faulkner game and this one so far, it sounds like our defense has a LONG way to go. Murray shooting over 50% for the game.

Not at all pleased with that showing. 8 new Murray St players. 1st year coach. They still beat the "more experienced" MTSU.

Reactions: MTLynn
Let's be honest. When your #1 point guard is unavailable, and your best perimeter player fouls out in only 22 minutes of play then what do you expect? Giddy and Jacob are supposed to be 2 guys relied upon to carry the heavy load. Those 2 plus Perrin and Upshaw are the core of our team. When half of that core is gone. You tend to not play as well. All that said, we did better than I expected considering the circumstances. It is game one fellas. Kermit is a winning coach...

"Hey, take it easy"- Nacho Libre

Let's be honest. When your #1 point guard is unavailable, and your best perimeter player fouls out in only 22 minutes of play then what do you expect? Giddy and Jacob are supposed to be 2 guys relied upon to carry the heavy load. Those 2 plus Perrin and Upshaw are the core of our team. When half of that core is gone. You tend to not play as well. All that said, we did better than I expected considering the circumstances. It is game one fellas. Kermit is a winning coach...

"Hey, take it easy"- Nacho Libre

Speaking of a Guard fouling out, I get the feeling this is going to be a long season in that regard. The new rules of tightening down on any contact will likely hurt Kermit's aggressive defensive style. I don't like this wimpy ticky-tack foul garbage.

BTW, Rick Byrd is on that rules committee if not the chair. Is it any coincidence that the new rules he's ushered in just happen to really benefit the style of his team's play?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
dukewayne: Thought the same thing about Kermit's style of play last night while thinking about the game. Teams that emphasize a hard-nosed style of defense with "toughness" are at a clear disadvantage under the new rules/points of emphasis. Now, one major skill required to be successful will be the ability to drive to the basket and "finish at the rim" (and we know how well MT "never" misses inside - LOL).

The changes will not only change coaching styles but recruiting. Athletic ability and "toughness" will carry a team only so far without players with offensive skills.

I think it's unfortunate that college basketball is taking away the tendency for and emphasis on size, strength, and toughness. I like the whole concept of men trying to be stronger men and dominate in competition. If I wanted to watch a bunch of wussies that half look like girls play a sport, I'd watch that commie activity soccer. With the new rules, recruit like Rick Byrd. Get guys who can win 3 pt shooting contests, but don't worry about strength and athleticism to dominate the paint and the boards.

I think it's unfortunate that college basketball is taking away the tendency for and emphasis on size, strength, and toughness. I like the whole concept of men trying to be stronger men and dominate in competition. If I wanted to watch a bunch of wussies that half look like girls play a sport, I'd watch that commie activity soccer. With the new rules, recruit like Rick Byrd. Get guys who can win 3 pt shooting contests, but don't worry about strength and athleticism to dominate the paint and the boards.
I disagree. I want to see a game that is fast paced, up and down the floor, and using a full court press. Basketball was intended to be a non-contact (or limited contact) sport. Don't get me wrong - I don't mind some contact, but basketball was never intended to become a physical sport. If you want contact, if you want physicality, watch football. If you want athleticism, speed, and smart basketball, play fast - not this miserably slow version of basketball that makes fans want to pull their eyes out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT