ADVERTISEMENT

Major Announcement?

MT Glenn

True Blue
Sep 19, 2005
I received an email saying there would be a "major announcement" at the next coaches show. Any ideas what that could be?

I received an email saying there would be a "major announcement" at the next coaches show. Any ideas what that could be?

The coach's show is a strange place for a 'MAJOR' announcement. Would not expect it to be anything but something related to basketball. Maybe a large donation to the program, maybe? If it was really big announcement, why not do it at halftime last night at the wku game when there is a larger audience?

This announcement has to be/should be about BkB if it's announced at a BkB coach's show. That said, any major announcement that needs to be made at this time about MT athletics should be about either non-BkB facilities or the hiring of the new FB DC. And I say this as someone who to whom men's BkB is by far my favorite sport.

I knew it would be something stupid like that. If I remember correctly the last time we had a "major" announcement it was next to nothing. I want to know who we hired but unless it's Dick Lebeau it's not major!!

I bet the decision has already been made. TBOR approval is nothing more than a rubber stamp of the recommendation of HC and AD. Need to look no further than the hiring of West 3 years ago.

Agreed. The decision has been made but keeping us in the dark is part of their strategy to grow the fanbase so they are just executing their plan. They are such good employees and should be getting a raise soon.

so whens the next coaches show? im standing by my original prediction of kaufman

I'm proud of Rick but cmon. I would think a requirement would be at least one win in the ncaa tournament.
OK. Pile on.

I'm proud of Rick but cmon. I would think a requirement would be at least one win in the ncaa tournament.
OK. Pile on.

I assume since this is the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame (rather than Women's NCAA Basketball) that his record with the Shelbyville girls is the primary driver of his nomination.

Please tell me this is not the major announcement the university was teasing....

This recognition is good for Insell, his family and minions from Bedford Co., his legacy and might help a little in his recruiting but IMHO does little for MT. I was expecting more from this major announcement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT