ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL list of injured players long, growing

The most Middle Tennessee thing ever. The one year CUSA is weak and up for grabs, we have this happen.

Always something with this program.

I would love to hear some theories on this. It's football and injuries are inevitable. With that being said it seems like we are constantly hit by injuries in the worst way.

Brent's just never been the same since that initial shoulder injury. He's had flashes here in there, but I'm honestly not expecting much from him moving forward, even when he's "healthy"

I think it's time to turn it into a rebuilding year and start getting ready for next season, maybe Brent call it a career and start his coaching gig, and let Banks or Turner have the keys.

This program is just a mess. We have no depth because of all the awful JUCO signings that were nothing but busts, so injuries like this basically turn us into a low level FCS squad.

Stop signing fringe JUCO players, start developing talent (and depth), and plan for 2018 and 2019. Ain't nothin happenin this year.

Reactions: SmithO1906
What I find interesting is that many NFL rookies battle injuries the first few years in the league until they change their diet and training.

Brent was fine this year until our genius OC turned him into a running back and ran him up the middle. SMH. Then he did the same with Richie.

Reactions: MTTim
Injuries are a part of football. We seen to have more than our share. Our problem is we have no dept. Piss-poor recruiting.

11 or 12 yrs. into the CRS era and no depth. Inexcusable. No JUCO standouts. Weak offensive and defensive fronts. No serviceable TEs. No big RBs. FranklinRaider said it best, until the next Dasher hits campus, no C-USA championships. 7 - 8 seasons and a bowl loss (if we're lucky) is what we can count on from this HC.

Brent was fine this year until our genius OC turned him into a running back and ran him up the middle. SMH. Then he did the same with Richie.
QBs run up the middle all the time. Injuries happen. Let's not lose our mind just because Brent HAPPENED to get hurt running up the middle

and speaking of depth Im still not understanding why we have kids in Rutherford County getting P5 offers and we aren't even attempting to recruit them smh, and the kids getting G5 offers we arent really recruiting them also

and speaking of depth Im still not understanding why we have kids in Rutherford County getting P5 offers and we aren't even attempting to recruit them smh, and the kids getting G5 offers we arent really recruiting them also

Probably because they grew up in the Boro and thus realize the town and program sucks....

the old bromide, familiarity breeds contempt...

I have heard an argument local kids don’t get away from the bad influences - whether other kids or adults - in their lives if they go to the local school - and this applies to any college not just MTSU. That coaches would prefer players who show up at the start of training camp their freshman year and the only people they know are the other football players.

I have heard an argument local kids don’t get away from the bad influences - whether other kids or adults - in their lives if they go to the local school - and this applies to any college not just MTSU. That coaches would prefer players who show up at the start of training camp their freshman year and the only people they know are the other football players.
I've heard that and it makes sense, but coaches need to do their due dilligence. Sometimes these kids arent around bad influences. speak to many people in the county and they will tell you that Jacoby Stevens, Dre litaker, Trey Knox, Adonis Otey, Master Teague, , Woodi Washington etc are all good kids who are surrounded by good people. Now we probably didn't have a realistic shot of landing any of these kids but what does it hurt to at least call and/or drive 5-10 minutes down the road and offer. You just never know

Reactions: T2Tool and arg3b
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT