ADVERTISEMENT

Less than 48 hours away from the Early Signing period for BkB

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
Other than the alleged commitment of Antwain Johnson (JUCO freshman PG at Chipola -apparently playing well - 29 pts. in last outing - concerning that his only other offer was Stetson according to verbalcommits.com) I've not heard of any other commitments for the Men.

Anything?

As an aside: According to verbalcommits.com several of the players MT offered on the men's side have committed to other programs but it's encouraging to see that most have committed to somewhat higher-profile programs - we are apparently fishing in somewhat better water - hoping for surprises starting Wed.

Last edited:
Wondering the same thing. How many Schollies do we have to give this year?

IIRC three to give on the men's side and up to 5 for the women. Men have the one verbal mentioned and women have three.

It's really hard to get excited about a signee whose only other offer was, apparently, Stetson. And since he is a qualifier based on the fact that he will be at a JUCO only one year why didn't he sign somewhere out of high school. (My research shows that while he did average 29 pts. his Sr. year on a state semi-finalist team which had won the championship in his Jr. year it was at the lowest Class A level - often times, considering the level of competition, a 6' + player can score a bunch of points with many of them inside - may not translate to a 1 or 2 guard on the D-1 level depending upon shooting ability and lateral quickness - time will tell)

But dukewayne; right there with you in that I surely wish MT men's BkB could start getting "in on" a higher level player and signing a few of them beating out a better class of programs in the process. It's almost as if the three year run of 25+ win seasons and the move to C-USA have accomplished nothing in the recruiting process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT