ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Raiders @ UALR, Saturday 4:30PM

If my research is correct, this is the first time the LR's have lost back-to-back conference games since 2007-2008.

doesn't look like CRI isn't going to make it to the post radio interview with Palmer before it kicks over to men's coverage.

Originally posted by SpaceRaider:
doesn't look like CRI isn't going to make it to the post radio interview with Palmer before it kicks over to men's coverage.
switching over to Chip Walters for mens' pre-game

CRI a no show for post game comments

I have a lot of respect for coach Insell but I feel like we have hit the ceiling with him. All these years we had amazing teams an talent and should have had at least one deep tourney run. It might be time for him to hire a very good assistant and let go of some of his micromanagement. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by MTLover:
I have a lot of respect for coach Insell but I feel like we have hit the ceiling with him. All these years we had amazing teams an talent and should have had at least one deep tourney run. It might be time for him to hire a very good assistant and let go of some of his micromanagement. Just my opinion.
Yeah something is definetly not right with this team. It's not the talent so it has to be something internal such as the coaches not seeing eye-to-eye, or the players arguing. Take football 2 seasons ago, there were a couple of players who were bad eggs that were bringing down the moral of the whole team and look at the result.

The women's team is far from a losing record but with our "talent" we should not be losing a game this year in conference play.

We have had Lady Raider teams that had 4 players who could shoot the 3 effectively. This team is definitely challenged from the perimeter. To me, that is the biggest problem.

Originally posted by MTBig Blue:

Yeah something is definetly not right with this team. It's not the talent so it has to be something internal such as the coaches not seeing eye-to-eye, or the players arguing. Take football 2 seasons ago, there were a couple of players who were bad eggs that were bringing down the moral of the whole team and look at the result.

The women's team is far from a losing record but with our "talent" we should not be losing a game this year in conference play.
BINGO!!!!

I think it is to some extent talent. We have only three scorers and teams have learned how to stop them. Recruiting hasn't brought in one contributer in two years since Cason has become ineffective (Didn't she have a little offense last year?). Ever since Jordon Luffman mysteriously (anyone know why?) left the team the potential has gone down and we haven't brought in anyone to replace her.

In sports as in many other aspects of life you are either getting better or getting worse. For this team to be better than last year returning returning players would have had to get better (only improvement has been Rowe's FT % and March's play - probably because she is playing more - I don't believe you can show evidence that any other player has improved at all - some have regressed) and we would have needed contributions from Sells and JJ. Seen any?

It is possible that the last two recruiting classes will go down as the worst two back-to-back since MT started playing women's BkB. Just my $0.02 worth.

You go for someone else and I am not so sure MT could do better right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT