ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Interesting Article on NIL Deals in Tennessee

I know it's probably not feasible nor would it be worth it for the likely small amount of $$$, but it would be sort of cool if this board could raise a few hundred bucks to offer a player to have their name & picture on the website for the season. I know I'd chip in something like $25 - $50 for a season to be able to do a deal to benefit a MT player with a few extra bucks in their pocket for the season. I know when I was a student, an extra few hundred bucks for a semester was huge. That would have been some high living.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I was listening to one of the sports talk shows and a former coach said that the P5 schools can get more players with NIL. I believe he said there could be 105 players on a roster, but only 85 could be on scholarship. That leaves 20 spots for walk-ons, which now are being funded with NIL money.

I know it's probably not feasible nor would it be worth it for the likely small amount of $$$, but it would be sort of cool if this board could raise a few hundred bucks to offer a player to have their name & picture on the website for the season. I know I'd chip in something like $25 - $50 for a season to be able to do a deal to benefit a MT player with a few extra bucks in their pocket for the season. I know when I was a student, an extra few hundred bucks for a semester was huge. That would have been some high living.
This was my thought when NIL came out. I would definitely still chip in. Not sure board leadership is behind it though. It is a remains a great, innovative idea however.

This was my thought when NIL came out. I would definitely still chip in. Not sure board leadership is behind it though. It is a remains a great, innovative idea however.
I’m down, let’s throw some money at Kyle Lowe

We need something like this that WVU just set up. Run by former players, coaches, business and marketing grads, etc. They play middle man for business that want in, from the local grocery store to the car dealership, all to the avg Joe donating $100.

Reactions: MTLynn
A board-based NIL is an innovative idea, but I think the biggest concern is the ability to maintain journalistic integrity with the NIL player.

Ok.m, so let’s vote on a board of trustees, meet at a bank and get this show on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT