ADVERTISEMENT

In First Post-Debate Poll, Trump Remains in the Lead, Ted Cruz Surges into Second

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
Two GOP debates down, plenty more to go until the nominee is decided.

According to poll results in the immediate aftermath, Donald Trump still has a big lead over the 16 other candidates, but the most exciting news is that junior Texas Senator Ted Cruz has surged to SECOND PLACE!

Cruz should be easily sitting in the top spot seeing as how he’s quite possibly the strongest conservative out there, but maybe people are finally starting to come around.

From Breitbart:

The survey, conducted Friday and Saturday, finds Donald Trump holding his lead with 23 percent support among Republican primary voters. This is consistent with a Gravis Marketing poll taken after the debate, where 19 percent of Republicans said Trump won the debate.

The Gravis poll found that more Republicans, 22 percent, felt Ben Carson, retired neurosurgeon and political rookie, won the debate. In the NBC poll, Carson surged into third place in the nomination contest, earning 11 percent support.

Texas Senator Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was the second choice in the NBC Poll, receiving support from 13 percent of Republican voters. Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina was fourth, with 11 percent, following her widely recognized domination of the “undercard” debate earlier Thursday evening.

The exact breakdown and percentage of the first seven spots in the NBC poll are: Trump (23), Cruz (13), Carson (11), Fiorina (8), Rubio (8), Bush (7) and Walker (7).

Per Right Scoop, Dr. Ben Carson also jumped up pretty high after his solid performance…

BBJ, it's just a matter of time before Cruz takes the lead because as I said, Trump's campaign is finished. Trump will continue to mouth off and alienate even more potential voters because he has no self-control.

http://www.youngcons.com/in-first-p...ains-in-the-lead-ted-cruz-surges-into-second/

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
Two GOP debates down, plenty more to go until the nominee is decided.

According to poll results in the immediate aftermath, Donald Trump still has a big lead over the 16 other candidates, but the most exciting news is that junior Texas Senator Ted Cruz has surged to SECOND PLACE!

Cruz should be easily sitting in the top spot seeing as how he’s quite possibly the strongest conservative out there, but maybe people are finally starting to come around.

From Breitbart:

The survey, conducted Friday and Saturday, finds Donald Trump holding his lead with 23 percent support among Republican primary voters. This is consistent with a Gravis Marketing poll taken after the debate, where 19 percent of Republicans said Trump won the debate.

The Gravis poll found that more Republicans, 22 percent, felt Ben Carson, retired neurosurgeon and political rookie, won the debate. In the NBC poll, Carson surged into third place in the nomination contest, earning 11 percent support.

Texas Senator Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was the second choice in the NBC Poll, receiving support from 13 percent of Republican voters. Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina was fourth, with 11 percent, following her widely recognized domination of the “undercard” debate earlier Thursday evening.

The exact breakdown and percentage of the first seven spots in the NBC poll are: Trump (23), Cruz (13), Carson (11), Fiorina (8), Rubio (8), Bush (7) and Walker (7).

Per Right Scoop, Dr. Ben Carson also jumped up pretty high after his solid performance…

BBJ, it's just a matter of time before Cruz takes the lead because as I said, Trump's campaign is finished. Trump will continue to mouth off and alienate even more potential voters because he has no self-control.

http://www.youngcons.com/in-first-p...ains-in-the-lead-ted-cruz-surges-into-second/

Flash,

That's great news that Cruz has surged to the #2 spot in the polls! I agree that it's just a matter of time before Trump's statements about women catch up with him.

Also, I went to the Cruz town hall meeting yesterday here in Murfreesboro. I don't believe I've ever heard such an accomplished, dynamic speaker in my life. The man had the audience eating out of his hand. He had standing ovation after standing ovation. There were so many people there that they had to put them in an overflow room with speakers! There were people literally lined up outside the building (Patterson Community Center) trying to get in the place.

Flash, please pray for God's hand of blessing and protection on this great man and his family. America needs Ted Cruz as badly as it needed Ronald Reagan after the Jimmy Carter years.

Last edited:
Flash,

Flash, please pray for God's hand of blessing and protection on this great man and his family. America needs Ted Cruz as badly as it needed Ronald Reagan after the Jimmy Carter years.
We will have had about 12 of them once the next person takes office. Glad the appearances went well, sounds like some great and enthusiastic crowds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT