ADVERTISEMENT

If MT gets a bid, it will have to beat out....

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
Assuming Davidson doesn't steal a bid in the A10 and Memphis doesn't steal a bid in the AAC, MT will have to beat out the following teams in the bubble.

Syracuse, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, Marquette, Louisville, Arizona State, Nebraska, Penn St, and St. Mary's. All of these schools are square on the bubble just like MT with legit arguments to get in.

Do we think the the committee will select MT over the schools I mentioned above?

Assuming Davidson doesn't steal a bid in the A10 and Memphis doesn't steal a bid in the AAC, MT will have to beat out the following teams in the bubble.

Syracuse, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame, Marquette, Louisville, Arizona State, Nebraska, Penn St, and St. Mary's. All of these schools are square on the bubble just like MT with legit arguments to get in.

Do we think the the committee will select MT over the schools I mentioned above?

like I said elsewhere, if there are metrics that help MT, the selection committee will ignore them, if there are metrics that hurt MT, those will be latched on to to exclude the Blue Raiders...

Our metrics actually arn't that bad. The only one I think that is a problem is 0-3 vs. top 50 RPI/BPI. Could be a big problem though. I imagine they want to see wins vs. the top teams.

But isn’t the committee supposed to be looking at Quadrants rather than T50/T100 his year? Our Quad 1 record is 3-3 (vs like a 3-11 for Louisville, for example).

Seth Davis’s bubble sheet. He has 14 teams for 7 spots right now. He chooses to look at Q1 record, Q1-2 combined record, and NCSOS. Comparatively, we look pretty good on this list.

Who knows how the decision will ultimately fall- we could be safely in, or not even close for all we know. But the committee does tend to give more weight to “who did you play?” (NCSOS) and “who did you beat?” (Q1-2 record) than they do to bad losses. They tend to also consider the ever-subjective eye test as well, which I think works in our favor.

We shall see...

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Lunardi doesn't even have us in his First 4 out anymore.

Need Davidson to lose. I have a feeling they're gonna steal another bid.

DYBOvVuXkAAf3CI.jpg

Really starting to look like Davidson is gonna get it done. Now up 6 on Rhode Island and led for most of the game. Not sure what Rhode Island's deal is as of late. They were absolute juggernauts to start the year and mid-season and have faded quite a bit as of late. At one point they had won 16 straight games.

and Davidson pulls it out by 1!

Davidson win pushes just about everyone off the bubble and effectively puts MT's chances at about 0.5%

NIT it is

If Middle gets in the NCAA I believe they will play hard but if they play in the NIT I'm feeling like the guys will mail it in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT