ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Gonna bring a little sunshine to this party today

2007 was the first losing season of four losing seasons in Stockstill's first six seasons. He should've been fired after after the two win season in 2011. I would've have let him go after the 2010 6-7 season (the year of the Dwight Dasher gambling, check theft scandal that kicked off that season).

If not then, then he should have been fired for going 0-4 against Vanderbilt, or going 1-5 against wku the last six years, or losing all home games last season in a three win season.

So many missed opportunities for Massaro to do his damn job...

FWIW, CRS already has the record for the number of losing seasons for MT coach. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
2007 was the first losing season of four losing seasons in Stockstill's first six seasons. He should've been fired after after the two win season in 2011. I would've have let him go after the 2010 6-7 season (the year of the Dwight Dasher gambling, check theft scandal that kicked off that season).

If not then, then he should have been fired for going 0-4 against Vanderbilt, or going 1-5 against wku the last six years, or losing all home games last season in a three win season.

So many missed opportunities for Massaro to do his damn job...

FWIW, CRS already has the record for the number of losing seasons for MT coach. Unbelievable.
I had a lighthearted Facebook exchange with Adam Sparks about that Tweet he made in 2012 quoting Massaro about our bowl invite chances in dealing with the SunBelt. I posted that times were tough for Blue Raider fans again with realignment issues and losing four straight to Vandy in Football didn’t help the cause. He reminded me that “he covered MTSU in the 3 straight wins over Vandy and covered Vandy in their 4 straight over MTSU….just sayin’.” 😂

I may be debating semantics, but I don't think this post brings sunshine to the party. It's more like one the those nice stories of remembrance that someone tells at a memorial service.
Maybe you're on to something. Perhaps we should have an athletics department memorial service at the football stadium. We can share stories about the good ole days, air grievances, and get some closure. We can top it off by burying all of our MT gear in front of the Murphy Center and put up a tombstone. The Murder on Faulkenberry.

Perhaps we should have an athletics department memorial service at the football stadium

Perhaps a Blue Raider Festivus instead

Instead of an aluminum pole we have all our aluminum athletic facilities

A Festivus meal with the traditional meatloaf but made of the cheapest canned luncheon meat, Spam to commemorate Massaro emails and instagram letters

The customary Airing of Grievances, instead of one day this will mean Festivus lasts a week to allow Blue Raider fans to let them all out.

Feats of strength - this one is absent in honor of our weak as kittens football and basketball teams

If something unusual, such as a football or basketball victory, or a coach, AD, or President actually fired or retiring, we can call that a Festivus miracle.

Last edited:
Perhaps a Blue Raider Festivus instead

Instead of an aluminum pole we have all our aluminum athletic facilities

A Festivus meal with the traditional meatloaf but made of the cheapest canned luncheon meat, Spam to commemorate Massaro emails and instagram letters

The customary Airing of Grievances, instead of one day this will mean Festivus lasts a week to allow Blue Raider fans to let them all out.

Feats of strength - this one is absent in honor of our weak as kittens football and basketball teams

If something unusual, such as a football or basketball victory, or a coach, AD, or President actually fired or retiring, we can call that a Festivus miracle.
Nailed it. Kind of what I was channeling with the airing of grievances. Ha!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Right, we've been celebrating Festivus all week cause I know I've been airing some grievances 🤣

To further lighten the mood with a brief change of subject :

Anybody else incredibly impressed by Dune that finally dropped this weekend?

In my youth, I might have occasionally watched a new movie for a second time in one weekend. Now well into middle age, I never watch a new movie, or any movie, a second time in the same weekend. I can't even remember the last time I did that, but that likely changes this weekend. In all likelihood, I will watch and thoroughly enjoy Dune for a second time this weekend.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I remember painting my 2nd born nursery listening to that game. Thanks for a little ☀️!
To further lighten the mood with a brief change of subject :

Anybody else incredibly impressed by Dune that finally dropped this weekend?

In my youth, I might have occasionally watched a new movie for a second time in one weekend. Now well into middle age, I never watch a new movie, or any movie, a second time in the same weekend. I can't even remember the last time I did that, but that likely changes this weekend. In all likelihood, I will watch and thoroughly enjoy Dune for a second time this weekend.
In the early 80’s, I took off work after lunch to catch a mid-week matinee performance of the first Dune.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
So I have never seen Dune I guess I will go back
And start from the beginning.
On a bright and shiny note one of my friends is living on a prayer with this idea. He thinks Memphis will leave AAC and head for the Big12. Memphis is angry and the Big 12 will add more teams once UT and OK are officially gone. The Big 12 has stated this. The AAC has stated that they will add more teams in the next round of moves. He truly believes this will happen. Do y’all buy into this thought at all?

That's what I'm seeing on the WVU boards. When this is all said and done there will be at least one less conference. That's why I want us to get somewhere stable now and not get left behind again.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
So I have never seen Dune I guess I will go back
And start from the beginning.
On a bright and shiny note one of my friends is living on a prayer with this idea. He thinks Memphis will leave AAC and head for the Big12. Memphis is angry and the Big 12 will add more teams once UT and OK are officially gone. The Big 12 has stated this. The AAC has stated that they will add more teams in the next round of moves. He truly believes this will happen. Do y’all buy into this thought at all?
I’ve been told everything from Big12 to even the ACC for Memphis. Like with anything M&M put out there, I’ll believe it when I see it. Conferences and their school Presidents frown on cheating and defying NCAA orders to suspend players. Penny Hardaway has done both (playing Wiseman). Memphis Tiger Basketball has a dreadful history with the NCAA going back to Dana Kirk through Calipari and now Hardaway and his new Assistant, Larry Brown. They are waiting on an NCAA ruling now regarding Wiseman.

In the early 80’s, I took off work after lunch to catch a mid-week matinee performance of the first Dune.
Back in those days, I was seriously into reading SciFi & Fantasy albeit quietly as I had a cool reputation to maintain. :rolleyes:

Before I got over to see the first Dune in the theater, friends just had watched it and said it was a big disappointment. I ended up waiting for it on VCR. Sting being in that movie was huge back in those days. At least with us young folks.

Looking back, I think Lynch was screwed by the producers & studio that made a mess of the movie.

This new version finally appears to be the treatment that Dune has deserved. It appears to be a good mixture of big budget SciFi epic with arthouse like elements of style and sophistication.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT