ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Give me your Vanderbilt/MT score Prediction

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
The GoMiddle Staff will be giving their pick and score prediction a day or so before the game.

What say you?

31-24 bad guys. CRS and squad have to prove to me they can win before I'll believe it, and I think it is more likely that CRS goes 0-4 against CDM and vandy than closes the gap to 1-3.

I’m gonna give two predictions.

We win, it’ll be barely by a heart attack 21-20.

We lose it’ll be a shellacking 10-34.

Honestly not sure which one to go with yet. My heart or my gut.

This is a tough one to call...its easy to just pick Vandy. However, we are so due. Last year Brent wasn't right and our D actually played well after the first 3 series. I think this is a shoot out and our D will make a stop at the end.

MT - 33
VU - 31

They will whip MT like a $10 dollar 4-H mule.

They match up equally or better than the Blue Raiders at every position.

And Derek Mason has figured out Franklin’s mail order DVD offense.

Somebody had to be overly optimistic. I’m tired of being a naysayer all the time! Gonna be pumping sunshine until we inevitably look like poo like usual. I’m subscribing to the “maybe this is the year” saying... for now... till we lose to Vandy again...?

It's all about how our line protects Brent and if our run game can develop. If those 2 things happen. We are not only in this game, we are winning it. FranklinRaider has a point but the bowl game vs. stAte convinces me otherwise. We were a different team with a much smarter game plan against a very good offense. From all that I have seen thus far, we have carried over that same mindset. I think Franklin uses some different things and the line does their job.

Vandy loses Duncan, Webb and Sherfield, 3 of the better players they've had at that school. Webb torched us for 3 years but he's gone now. They won't have the same running attack anymore.

I may be very wrong but I'm going...
MT 35
VU 24

Them not having Webb is tipping this in our favor. He just changed the whole game. Im not saying they wont have a talented back, but he wont be Webb.

Brent to Ty 5 mins in.

I've started to post this several types but haven't been able to post it because it disgusts me.

Vandy 38
MT 7

I have zero confidence after last year.

If I'm wrong, I'm saying Wiley hacked my account.

Our offensive tackles were offensive last year. Have we fixed that problem? If not then it is another blowout. If so we win by two touchdowns.

Franklin has indicated we have fixed that so MT 38 and Vandy 24. Franklin has put his reputation on the line. I am putting a lot of weight into that. Franklin nicely told us that our OL and RB position was not very good right before the Vandy game last year. He was spot on but at the time I thought it was the typical coach speak. NOT!!

btw....I heard Stock mention Luke Harris as a starter? What position? I didn't hear him mention Luckett as a starter. If true then Harris at LG and Behanon at RT?

I'm going to take Franklin's word here with regards to our OL being better this year. If he says Carlos Johnson is playing like a pro, then we win this game. It all comes down to controlling their front 7 and moving the ball and scoring points when we get in the red zone. I do believe we will move it inside the 20's but things really tighten up when you get into that red zone against a Derek Mason led defense (and make no mistake, he still leads that D). Will we be able to score TD's? We won't win this game kicking FG's, especially with a new kicker. If the majority of our drives are ending in FG's early on, then we're F'd, period.

My heart says we blow them out and run them off the field to pay them back for the last 3 years.

My brain says it is a nail biter game that comes down to a big special teams play in the 4th quarter. The MT +3 spread is probably spot on.

I guess If I have to give a prediction, I'll go with:

MT 30
Vanderbilt 28

Vanderbilt misses last second FG, barely giving us the W.

I’m gonna give two predictions.

We win, it’ll be barely by a heart attack 21-20.

We lose it’ll be a shellacking 10-34.

Honestly not sure which one to go with yet. My heart or my gut.

Man. I still have a chance to hit the nail on the head.

Although that would require us hitting a field goal.

Never saw the prediction gomiddle was going to post. . Kudos to most of the predictors. Everyone pretty much knows what is going to happen these days.

Champions of Life.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT