ADVERTISEMENT

First week of games in CUSA

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
1st%20week%202015%20cusa_zpsl80amaop.jpg

My sickness for college football may lead me 3 miles east to that game on West End, but who to pull for?

bump.

I keep going back and forth on the wky vandy game. Does MT benefit more if vandy beats wku or if wku upsets wku.

WKU beating Vanderbilt is what I'm cheering for perrsonally. I'm also laying a good chunk of change on WKU too, so there's that. It would be a good win for the conference and when we beat WKU, it'll make Vandy feel even that much worse.

How do you think the outcome of this game will affect attendance when we host VU later in the season? At this point in our struggle for attention I would think one would want The Dores to appear to be as strong as possible when coming to our place.

As for conference status, In this area "If you ain't $EC you ain't crap". Got a lot of casual fans who see WKU and yes, MT as in the same category as the OVC. IMHO WKU or MT beating a "down" VU isn't going to change that.

I'm pulling for the team which will help MT. Can't figure that one out. Regardless, looking forward to Thurs. night. [Got a partial fix yesterday watching the really good Montana/SDSU game yesterday.]

For the benefit of the conference, Western needs to beat Vandy. Of course, we need to beat them both. Because Western is our most hated rival it would be easy to root for Vandy to take down the Hill Toppers. But, I think it serves us best in the long run if Western wins Thursday night.

I think we should root for Vandy.
1. Helps our attendance vs Vandy
2. Crushes WKUs moral.
3. Hurts WKU s image.
4. Makes our win over Vandy sweeter.

Reality is a goat win doesn't elevate conference perception it just lowers Vandys for when we beat them. We compete with WKU for recruits, students, sponsors etc. We don't with Vandy. We should hope the goats get crushed in everything they do. Whatever slight boost we get as conference is not worth the large boost they get individually. Go dores. *throws up in mouth*

This Candy/Goat game is a tough one for me. I personally hope they go into 20 overtimes and the refs call the game in a tie. I honestly think that if Iran had a football team I would cheer for them over these two.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I really don't care who wins. The best part is there will be a loser. I'll laugh either way. I'm cheering for dirty play, injuries, ejections and suspensions.... very possible. If Bane shows up, even better.

In all the radio spots I've done leading up to the season, the one constant message I've given is has been "Watch out for the Florida schools."

I really think both are poised to take a step up this year. Maybe I was right about the Panthers. Or maybe UCF is really bad. Who knows.

Wiley, what was the spread when made your wager? It went from wku +2 all the way to wku -2. Vegas won with bets placed over the last three days.

Charlotte leads 13-3. Ga State has looked pretty bad. Charlotte looks pretty good for their first FBS game. Their defense reminds me a little of Manny's...

With our proclivity to give teams their first fbs win, this game makes me breathe easier about week 3...

36,000+ at "The Rock" last night for the USM/MSU game. I watched the first half and a little info the 2nd. USM definitely looked improved. I'm a big fan of their QB Mullens, he showed great poise. FWIW, that kids desperately wanted to come to MT, but never got the offer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT