ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL fight fight fight

dukewayne

All American
Jul 11, 2008
Anyone else watching this LaTech @ UAB game? Big stoppage in 2nd half due to a fight on floor. After about 10 mins, the refs are still trying to sort out ejections etc.

All asst coaches in game ejected! LaTech only has 4 players to finish game!

UAB has only 6 players left. Both HC remain in the game. So, 5 on 4 resumes. with 6 mins to go.

What's crazy is that the brawl did not even look that bad; the ejections mostly came from players and asst coaches leaving the bench to come out on the floor.

my question is what impact this has for Saturday's game?

Yes, that is the big question. I could slightly overhear some of the refs explanation of ejections to the media table. I heard the ref say something to the effect of that will be for the conference to figure out. I'm guessing he was being asked if they will be ejected into the next game as all of this did happen in the 2nd half.

Saw a short video. Looked like a bunch of guys just wandering out onto the court. How many punches were actually thrown?

Another fun fact from this crazy game. Before the fight & ejections, UAB was up 13 with 6 mins to go. When the game resumed with LaTech only having 4 players, they were able to narrow the margin to lose by only 9.

Reactions: BlueRaider95
Saw a short video. Looked like a bunch of guys just wandering out onto the court. How many punches were actually thrown?

That's what I'm saying. it really wasn't that bad looking for a bench clearing fight. The refs ejected most just because of the rule of leaving the bench area.

To me, there looked to be just a 2 or 3 players involved in pushing and throwing a punch. Most of the players and asst coaches that were ejected for leaving the bench were actually trying to break up the fight and calm things down. The ejected asst coaches may actually have helped prevent the fight from being worse.

seems silly to eject the assistant coaches who were clearly trying to help keep things from getting further out of hand

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT