ADVERTISEMENT

Diaz to Temple?

Blueraider_Mike

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2005
http://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...-R3fR4PYi9TPXj_nw-xNFtadDB9ccwySLrSNAwGqOcsII

Check this out...

Manny Diaz will be the next head coach at Temple, sources told FootballScoop on Wednesday. Pete Thamel first reported the news.

In his third year as Miami’s defensive coordinator, Diaz fits the profile of recent Owls head coaches, as Al Golden, Steve Addazio, Matt Rhule and Geoff Collins were all first-time head coaches when they arrived in Philadelphia....

Kinda odd place to start his head coaching career considering where he's from, is currently, and where he's been. But I always liked Manny and hope he does well.

Reactions: Hop45
Agreed, interesting place to start your head coaching career with his background. I see this as a quick stop if it plays out well.

One other thing to think about. When our DC job came open, Diaz was the first person Scott reached out to. Can’t recall how they know one another but he greatly values Manny’s opinion. MD said Stock is a great guy to work for & treats his players the right way. Having been the HC at Syracuse you would think he still has ties in the NorthEast. Would think Diaz could bump his salary too. Last 3 coaches at Temple went on to Boston College, Baylor, & GA Tech.

Yea. This could be bad for us. I could see manny taking shafer to be his DC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT