ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Deidrick Stanley II commits to MTSU

This is actually one of our better gets. Nice offer list. Hope he makes it to campus.

Credit the coaches.

early offers mean nothing when you can't commit. they must've been told he was taller than he is. Michigan doesn't want a CB less than 6ft. you guys to stop posting offers that aren't commitable

Hey man what can I say...I’m retired haha!
i know man.... I'm just giving some these guys reality....hell there is a kid here i. Ga started with 10 P5 offers, can't commit to any. right UTC and Samford are on him.

I try (tried) not to get too caught up in the commitable versus wait and see offer game. It is what it is and, to me, says more about the nature of where recruiting is today versus the services keeping tabs on it. At any rate, those kids are still getting P5 looks which says a lot about them. By all accounts this kid can play - and made a name for himself on the camp circuit as well. Is his height a detractor? Sure. Is there something under the surface as to why the P5’ backed off or didn’t pursue all in? Maybe. But it’s all a moot point now, right?

This is a good signing for us, by our standards, for sure. We very rarely ever get players like this and it's a welcoming sign. I'm sure there's something to his story, and that's fine. I don't care. This kid can flat out play football and plays much bigger than his size indicates. This commit needs to stick.

I've said previously this staff needs to take more risks so that we can get more talent on the field. They need to stop worrying so much about APR and start worrying about winning championships. Not every player we sign can be some well-spoken 4.0 GPA who never misses class.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
His ESPN profile lists
4 Big 10 offers - Wisconsin, Rutgers, Mich, Penn St

5 ACC offers - BC, Miami, Louisville, Pitt, Maryland

3 CUSA offers - Middle Tenn, WKU, UAB

2 SEC offers - KY, Ole Miss

1 MAC offer - Bowling Green

1 MWC offer - Colorado St.

Which begs the question....who is the ace recruiter on our staff that beat out this sampling of who’s who of College Football Royalty?

His ESPN profile lists

Which begs the question....who is the ace recruiter on our staff that beat out this sampling of who’s who of College Football Royalty?

Probably Royston. He got most of the highest rated guys from last years class.

yes very likely royston. he's been tearing it up since he arrived. he's actually earning his salt. one of the few coaches who should remain on staff

His ESPN profile lists

They never offered. He got a letter of interest from them. Come on guys, seriously!?

Reactions: mtfblue
They never offered. He got a letter of interest from them. Come on guys, seriously!?

No kidding an offer before a senior year might not mean anything other than general interest or it might be a partial offer or a preferred walk-on. So you personally know all the offers he received from Maryland, Cincinnati and USF going into his senior year were not real?

Geez freaking A man. The kid would tie for the highest rated recruit (according to rivals) we got on campus in a decade if we sign him, and he is rated as high or higher than 11 players Michigan signed last year. He is a good get.

Yet in the rare moment this staff actually shows life....buzzkill.

Last edited:
After sitting in the southeast corner of the end zone for the Duke game, it was glaringly apparent to me that we needed help at corner.

Hopefully they can get him signed early. My only concern is the 4.72 40yd. Dash time posted on his 247 recruiting profile. That ain’t gonna cut it as a corner in college if true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT