ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Conference Schedule Released

Can't say I care for the schedule. Two stretches where we play La Tech, Western, NMST, AND Sam Houston all in a row. No weaker teams in between to break it up.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Can't say I care for the schedule. Two stretches where we play La Tech, Western, NMST, AND Sam Houston all in a row. No weaker teams in between to break it up.
Totally get that. That rotation is all travel based so we are at the mercy of geography. Looking at the schedule of other teams, KSU is paired with Jax, while LU is paired with FIU. SHSU is with LaT, us with WKU. NMSU with UTEP of course.
Just so happens that some good teams are clustered together, or at least one of the pairings is good. So really no way to insert a break in it.

Next year, who knows. I'm sure LU and Delaware will be together. No idea about Mizz St. But we won't play round robin either.

Thread hijack to add we are in the Myrtle Beach classic Nov 21-23.

The field includes: Bradley, Ohio, Princeton, Portland, USF, ULM, Wright State and us.

Add that to the game at Abilene Christian and hosting California Baptist.

Fast forwarded through CNM on WGNS. Said he wanted to put out an “attractive” schedule for fans. Several points we know or he said:

18 conference games this year. Expects to play 20 or 22 conference games next year.

Non-conference: 9 of 13 set.

UAB
Evansville
Belmont
Murray State
Abilene Christian
California Baptist
Myrtle Beach (3 games)
Expect 2 non-NCAA games
Need 2 more to be set.

Side note: CNM told a lie in the interview. He said scheduling is more a struggle because bigger schools/conferences are playing only Q1 and Q4 games and MT is not in those. That’s 100% inaccurate. We had a NET of 288. Playing us anywhere (home, road, neutral) is a Q4 game. We would need to be in the top 240 and host or in the top 160 in a road game to be a Q3 game. Teams aren’t playing MT because Q4 games don’t really help those schools and CNM doesn’t want the guaranteed L.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT