ADVERTISEMENT

"Buddy" Ryan, MT Grad.

D-winns

True Blue
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2007
Middle Tennessee lost one of it's old graduates who just happened to be on of the best NFL coaches of all times in "Buddy" Ryan. He was considered a "D" master mind!!

Excerpt from a Chattanooga Times article about the death of Buddy Ryan:
James David Ryan was a Korean War veteran who went to Oklahoma State, then earned a master's degree from Middle Tennessee State even while coaching.

D-winns

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I assume this is one of those frustrating errors of confusion. Pretty sure he got it at TSU while coaching there. That may have been the point of the thread all along and I missed the sarcasm...

I assume this is one of those frustrating errors of confusion. Pretty sure he got it at TSU while coaching there. That may have been the point of the thread all along and I missed the sarcasm...

Is it time to start another name change thread again? I kinda like my diploma the way it is.

While I admit I wasn't looking with sarcasm when I copied the article from the Chattanooga Times, I did think it was odd that I had never heard his name mentioned on any thread with reference to MT.
If this is actually the case it doesn't surprise me that the Chatt. Times or a Syndicated paper got it wrong.

With that said, he does still garner our respect as a great football coach.

RIP Buddy Ryan!!

D-winns

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT