ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING BREAKING: Brian Kimbrow headed to MT

C-Bow

Hall of Famer
Staff
Dec 5, 2005
www.gomiddle.com
For our subscribers, this little nugget has been in the Lounge for well over a week, but former Vandy RB Brian Kimbrow officially announced today that he will be finishing out his collegiate career at Middle Tennessee.

Here's a free write up for everyone to enjoy. Hopefully it answers some questions about his eligibility and also provides some great quotes from Brian himself.

For those who aren't aware of who Kimbrow is, he was one of the most highly recruited RB's in the 2012 recruiting class.

Reactions: TeKEraider
Depending on what we do with the OC and OL coaches, this offense next year should be downright lethal.

I would love to see us run the ball down teams throats and when they load the box Brent just picks their defenses apart

MT has the QB, has the RBs, an incredible WR, some quality OL men.

To bring it to completion, MT needs to solidify depth at WR and the other top flight WR to play opposite James. I'd also say MT has some potential talent at TE that if continues to develop could possibly be a big positive for the offense as well.

To bring it all together, MT needs to bring in and develop excellent quality and depth on the OL.

All of that w/ a good and smart OC could quite possibly bring about one heck of an offense. It makes the current personal decisions and recruiting as absolutely critical. It could be the difference between another avg year like the past season or a run at conf title with more than 7 or 8 wins.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
We have as many weapons as we have ever had, time for the Oline to have some luck and not get hit with the injury bug.

I would venture to say we should be dynamic in the return game with kimbrow and mathers. With how stacked the backfield is we will need to find ways to get play makers touches.

Does this really help us?

I hate to say it, but looking at the roster, the last thing we needed was another runningback. How are we going to keep all these guys happy, plus, our best player is Brent, we want him throwing the ball as much as possible.

I wonder if we can slot him out wide or something like that.

I actually think this could very well be what happens here. I can see him lining up all over the place to be honest. He's just another great weapon that can be used a lot of ways.

As somebody else mentioned, putting him out there for returns is a great idea as well.

Reactions: MTLynn
OK, let me get this straight: Davis has a $EC transfer sitting out who was charged with a felony before leaving his prior school. Now we are getting a FB transfer from VU (in our own media area) who was dismissed from the team for "conduct detrimental to the team".

Just what does all this do for MT's reputation. I realize we can't recruit $EC talent out of high school, but still . . .

Let's make sure we give the VU sidewalk alumni (not to mention the $EC shills in the media) something to talk about while they brag about VU's academic (and moral) reputation.

OK, let me get this straight: Davis has a $EC transfer sitting out who was charged with a felony before leaving his prior school. Now we are getting a FB transfer from VU (in our own media area) who was dismissed from the team for "conduct detrimental to the team".

Just what does all this do for MT's reputation. I realize we can't recruit $EC talent out of high school, but still . . .

Let's make sure we give the VU sidewalk alumni (not to mention the $EC shills in the media) something to talk about while they brag about VU's academic (and moral) reputation.

But in reality does the media pay much attention to who we sign or anything else we do for that matter? I will trust our coaches and administration to know what type of individuals they are as I sure don't know.

MT has the QB, has the RBs, an incredible WR, some quality OL men.

To bring it to completion, MT needs to solidify depth at WR and the other top flight WR to play opposite James. I'd also say MT has some potential talent at TE that if continues to develop could possibly be a big positive for the offense as well.

To bring it all together, MT needs to bring in and develop excellent quality and depth on the OL.

All of that w/ a good and smart OC could quite possibly bring about one heck of an offense. It makes the current personal decisions and recruiting as absolutely critical. It could be the difference between another avg year like the past season or a run at conf title with more than 7 or 8 wins.
Agreed 100% I am having flashbacks of 01 and 09.

Who cares, just enjoy what we have. We are looking at potentially filling a very talented football team here. As long as these guys are model citizens and represent our university and their families the right way, I don't care how they get here

Does this really help us?

I hate to say it, but looking at the roster, the last thing we needed was another runningback. How are we going to keep all these guys happy, plus, our best player is Brent, we want him throwing the ball as much as possible.

Remember, the last 2 years we've had more runningbacks than we know what to do with and by the end of the year we've needed every one.

I have a huge problem with basketball transfer. However if Casey's info in the Lounge is correct then I have no problem with Kimbrow. Big difference between a violent felon and a guy who doesn't mesh with a new staff.

I have a huge problem with basketball transfer. However if Casey's info in the Lounge is correct then I have no problem with Kimbrow. Big difference between a violent felon and a guy who doesn't mesh with a new staff.

Just a heads up for everyone to in regards to Williams, the basketball transfer, he pleaded down to a misdemeanor in the counterfeit money issue about a month ago. In the end, only 1 of the 3 players involved in that issue is still on the hook for some serious legal consequences. Just some community service needs to be done on Williams' part.

Reactions: TeKEraider
Remember, the last 2 years we've had more runningbacks than we know what to do with and by the end of the year we've needed every one.

That's true.

I just don't see enough carries for Tucker, Mathers, Kimbrow, Herrod, Des Anderson, Thomas, and Garnett and I think they all could be high level backs for us.

I wonder if we can redshirt Anderson (he had that injury at the end of the year) or Garnett.

That's true.

I just don't see enough carries for Tucker, Mathers, Kimbrow, Herrod, Des Anderson, Thomas, and Garnett and I think they all could be high level backs for us.

I wonder if we can redshirt Anderson (he had that injury at the end of the year) or Garnett.
Mathers will touch the ball. Tucker will touch the ball. Kimbrow can be moved around and return kicks, I can see Herrod getting the ball on short yardage and goal line situations. I wonder if Anderson can return kicks as well. I cant remember if he did or not this past year.

When can you have too many good players? Come on folks! Now time to stack the line of scrimage and WRs w/ good talent and depth.

Nothing wrong with having a stable of talented RB's. Some can always be converted to DB if needed and its a position that takes a lot of punishment throughout the season.

I wish we had the "too many talented players" problem along our offensive line. That's the only thing holding us back at this point.

We have an excellent Forensic Science dept. here so he's getting his masters no doubt. I've been to a couple of lectures and the Dept. head is friends with Kathy Reichs and had her speak at MT. He is also one of the few Forensic Anthropologists in the region. He leads the FASR team here which is the search and recovery team that the law enforcement agencies use for murder and missing person identifying. No doubt he would be a part of that. It's a great program and would be pretty cool to be in that new science building too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT