ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL BEHIND ENEMY LINES: ALABAMA

Going to throw something out that's not been brought up. When listening to the media here when it comes to Alabama football, I here only 1 thing. The week 2 game versus Texas, & there qb situation. And that's it. If that is the media coverage heard in middle Tennessee what is it like in Tuscaloosa? I imagine 50 times amplified of the same accord.
I know MT has been awful in many of its openers no doubt. However I also recall MT playing a decent opening game against Michigan recently where we lost something like 40-21. In that game there was no opportunity for a chalkboard rally because we were dismissed as game fodder, but in this case our coaches have ample material to let the team know we have been selected as the lowly practice squad to help Alabama pick out which of its 3-4 quarterbacks it wants to play against a real team in Texas. After all the sports media & Vegas has already declared us basically a 6 touchdown dog.
I know Saban is a great coach, but these are mostly 18-20 year olds who live constantly by the media these days. Very easy for their kids to think the game is wrapped up before the 1st snap. Not saying there's going to be an upset by any means. And there's a good chance of it being 38-10 at the half. But just saying it's not like MT has never played in front of a P5. In fact lately they've kind on embraced it.
What I have noticed, most of our 1st game failures have been mostly against fellow G5's. Going against a P5 the preparation & determination has seemed much better. Probably is a lot of wishful thinking, but we do have a couple things going for us mentally to help us stay in this game.....hopefully for a while anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT