ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Been looking to see where Cutrer will get drafted in the NFL....

MTsumner92

All American
Jul 31, 2005
Hendersonville
I have seen anywhere from the end of the third round to the seventh. Cutrer is a raw talent that needs more polishing. The Titans don't have a 2nd which will force them to take care of their immediate needs in the 3rd and 4th. They don't have a 6th round pick so if he is still there in the 5th then they will most likely snatch him there. They need help on kickoff coverage and the fact that he has a lot of upside at corner, the biggest position of need, will make them pull the trigger. Byard will make sure of it!

By the way. Did you guys notice the monster season Eric Walden had this year at Indianapolis? woohoo!

At this point, I don't see anything more than a 7th or UDFA (maybe a 6th if someone falls in love with him or he has a monster pro day)

I don't see it either. Not only was his play underwhelming, but his size is a huge liability. He's just too skinny.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
He'll end up in a camp. I'm not sure he'll get drafted though.

I think the Titans will end up drafting a corner much higher than Cutrer will go. I would be shocked if they don't pick one with one of their first 4 picks.

Reactions: AustinLewis
The Titans need a good DB. I think they try to get something for McCourty and maybe Sims. With a couple of good DB's then Byard should be able to play more free safety and get a few pics.

The Titans need a good DB. I think they try to get something for McCourty and maybe Sims. With a couple of good DB's then Byard should be able to play more free safety and get a few pics.
Sims has little trade value. McCourty's salary cap hit (7 million or so IIRC) makes a trade unlikely.

Suber did great in Canada and Cutrer doesn't have anywhere the coverage ability he had. Cutrer did ok last year but got beat a lot this year. He really needed another 2 years to grow. Don't think the NFL is there for him.

Suber did great in Canada and Cutrer doesn't have anywhere the coverage ability he had. Cutrer did ok last year but got beat a lot this year. He really needed another 2 years to grow. Don't think the NFL is there for him.

I agree, Cutrer is a guy who could really use more time in college. He's got athletic ability, but needs to work on football skills. And add weight.

Back to the Titans, - Sims is a really good young corner. McCourty's got a 7mil contract - there's no one that will trade for him with that number, especially since other teams will know the Titans are going to cut him.

This is a good year for corners in the draft and in free agency.

I think Byard is a lock to start at safety next year, Sims on one side, and either a free agent or a first round pick at the other corner.

I could see the Titans wanting to bring in Mathers as a change of pace back if he doesn't get drafted. I think the new Titans GM is going to be a lot more open to local and regional guys than the prior GM was.

I agree, Cutrer is a guy who could really use more time in college. He's got athletic ability, but needs to work on football skills. And add weight.

Back to the Titans, - Sims is a really good young corner. McCourty's got a 7mil contract - there's no one that will trade for him with that number, especially since other teams will know the Titans are going to cut him.

I think Byard is a lock to start at safety next year, Sims on one side, and either a free agent or a first round pick at the other corner.

I could see the Titans wanting to bring in Mathers as a change of pace back if he doesn't get drafted. I think the new Titans GM is going to be a lot more open to local and regional guys than the prior GM was.
Cutrer's frame (6'2) and athletic ability will land him in a camp, but he desperately needs to put on about 20 pounds while maintaining his athleticism.

On the Titans, I'm not entirely sure McCourty is back in 2017 and the idea of a McCourty/Sims combination at CB does not give me confidence. Titans need to land DB in FA or the draft (or both).

Reactions: MTTim
I don't see Mccourty back in 2017. He's just an average at best CB. I have complete confidence JR will work his magic again this offseason.
Cutrer was beaten many times this season by average receivers. He lacks the quickness to close on receivers.

Sims has little trade value. McCourty's salary cap hit (7 million or so IIRC) makes a trade unlikely.
As we saw last season, Jon Robinson is one helluva gm. I suspect he already has figured out how to dump McCourty and get something productive in return. We are in a much better position than when we had Webster.

As we saw last season, Jon Robinson is one gm. I suspect he already has figured out how to dump McCourty and get something productive in return. We are in a much better position than when we had Webster.
I'm not arguing J-Rob's ability as a GM. After one year, he seems to be the real deal and has a far better understanding of roster construction and draft strategy than we have seen in quite some time from Titans HQ.

But...

It takes two to tango. McCourty's cap hit (7 million) and age limit his value and the number of prospective teams on the trade market. This drives down J-Rob's asking price. Plus, no trade could go down (officially) until after the start of the new league year (early March).

I hope Mathers doesn't end up with the Titans. Not enough touches to go around with him Murray and Henry. Those two are locked in. Somewhere he can compete for at least the backup role would be ideal.
As far as Cutrer I think his two biggest question marks are weight and discipline. I think a lot of times he got beat because he was doing his own thing instead doing what the coaches called for him to do

I hope Mathers doesn't end up with the Titans. Not enough touches to go around with him Murray and Henry. Those two are locked in. Somewhere he can compete for at least the backup role would be ideal.
As far as Cutrer I think his two biggest question marks are weight and discipline. I think a lot of times he got beat because he was doing his own thing instead doing what the coaches called for him to do
IMO, Titans could use some lightning to counter the thunder already in their backfield.

Titans will pull the trigger on a CB in the first round. Also a wr unless they pick one up in free agency. They need about 3 cornerbacks that are better than what they have. You guys may be right on Cutrer. It comes down to pro day and what they see. Isn't he playing in the Senior bowl?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT