ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Battle4Atlantis Thanksgiving Tournament

The 2023 Battle 4 Atlantis Women's Tournament announced that UA is one of the teams competing in the three-day tournament from Nov. 18-20.

The other teams include DePaul, Michigan, Memphis, Howard University, South Dakota and Middle Tennessee State.

Courtney Blakely — one of the newest Wildcats — will be playing against her former teammates at MTSU. Last season, the 5-foot-8 guard averaged 7.1 points, 3 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.3 steals per game and shot 42.8% from the floor...

Will be interesting to see how MT competes next year. Currently our 2023-24 roster has only 9 players listed. Newcomer Harrison isn't listed yet. That will bring us to 10, & is considered a fantastic pick up. Apparently we have 3 available scholarships. Look forward to see what kind of players Matt & fellow assistants can bring on board shortly. Have no idea what Dodgen or Hamby bring to the table as guards.
A couple of strong interior players will be a must for next year. Boldyreva no doubt has offensive skills, but after last year can tell she doesn't have the strength to compete on the boards against good bigs. I believe we will field a competitive team next year, but until we get a good look at all the newcomers I don't feel very secure this team to be quite as strong as last year's squad. Anticipate somewhere around 22 to 24 victories unless Matt gets some top notch portal transfers.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Will be interesting to see how MT competes next year. Currently our 2023-24 roster has only 9 players listed. Newcomer Harrison isn't listed yet. That will bring us to 10, & is considered a fantastic pick up. Apparently we have 3 available scholarships. Look forward to see what kind of players Matt & fellow assistants can bring on board shortly. Have no idea what Dodgen or Hamby bring to the table as guards.
A couple of strong interior players will be a must for next year. Boldyreva no doubt has offensive skills, but after last year can tell she doesn't have the strength to compete on the boards against good bigs. I believe we will field a competitive team next year, but until we get a good look at all the newcomers I don't feel very secure this team to be quite as strong as last year's squad. Anticipate somewhere around 22 to 24 victories unless Matt gets some top notch portal transfers.
Looks like we’ll find out about that soon. We will have at least one major portal win, from what I’ve heard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT