ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Portal Thread

Shayne_Pickering

Blue Raider Fan
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2022
With the season officially over for MTSU, players are beginning to seek other opportunities. This list will be updated as needed

PLAYERS ENTERING PORTAL
- Pitcher Matt Schepel
- Pitcher Justin Lee
- Pitcher Patrick Johnson
- Pitcher Turner Junkins
- Pitcher Logan Earnhardt
- Pitcher Caleb Peterson
- Pitcher Jackson Underwood
- Pitcher Jackson Marbet

- Catcher Kaden Wilks
- Infielder Eric Harper

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Dossett
I wouldn’t stay if i was a player

Well, I can say that with the benefit of years of wisdom but not sure I would have been savvy enough at the age to make the right call. I clearly didn’t in my own circumstance going to JC as a freshman (even though I had the grades) and then trying to walk on at Tennessee in spite of a torn quad. Being a smaller guy playing shortstop, speed was one of my key anssets and turned out a dazzling 7.3 60 in my tryout. SMH. So, I made a lot of bad decisions at that age.

In retrospect, I would have loved to have played for Pete.

Reactions: BigBlueBrad
I’ll be honest, I didn’t watch enough baseball this year to get a good grasp of how these transfers are affecting us. @Shayne_Pickering how do you feel about the transfers? Expected, big losses, role players, what’s your synopsis?

I’ll be honest, I didn’t watch enough baseball this year to get a good grasp of how these transfers are affecting us. @Shayne_Pickering how do you feel about the transfers? Expected, big losses, role players, what’s your synopsis?
Most of the guys leaving were expected as Jerry Meyers is reworking the pitching staff.

Schepel would’ve been aright to keep but it makes sense. Turner Junkins leaving was a little bit of a surprise at the end of the year but other than that, it should be a new pitching staff outside of Chandler Alderman, Trace Phillips and a couple other young arms

Reactions: ewglenn
Most of the guys leaving were expected as Jerry Meyers is reworking the pitching staff.

Schepel would’ve been aright to keep but it makes sense. Turner Junkins leaving was a little bit of a surprise at the end of the year but other than that, it should be a new pitching staff outside of Chandler Alderman, Trace Phillips and a couple other young arms
A team that finished 8/16 in a below average conference is probably due a complete overhaul.

The whole team can transfer with the coach. This is awful. College sports is a dumpster fire. A dang near last place team in the conference and players that did not produce transfer. Sad!

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Shayne,

How many of these transfers do you feel were encouraged by the staff versus players deciding to go on their own?

Do you have any feel for that breakdown?

Any chance we move on from Wisniewski? Our pitching staff has been awful since Kyle Bunn left. Obviously Meyers was responsible for a lot of that, but we seemed to regress this year.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Shayne,

How many of these transfers do you feel were encouraged by the staff versus players deciding to go on their own?

Do you have any feel for that breakdown?

Any chance we move on from Wisniewski? Our pitching staff has been awful since Kyle Bunn left. Obviously Meyers was responsible for a lot of that, but we seemed to regress this year.
Most to all. I don’t know about Schepel but he was hurt for most of the year and could be looking to start somewhere after Alderman and Phillips emerged

Reactions: Brew_Raider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT