ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Anything??? Well, Fussell did announce his commitment

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
I've been noticing alleged offers committing elsewhere (4 within the last week) and would dearly love to see something positive on the MT front. Is anyone aware of anything to give me hope than this upcoming (small) class will get fans excited?

Related: Did Fussell make the visit last weekend and if so, how did it go?

Praying he did not make the visit to the Duke game

I don't think the football team winning or losing is going to have much of an impact on where he goes to school. The atmosphere and amount of fans would probably have a larger impact. I am just glad a decent amount of fans stayed past halftime to make it at least look like we have loyal fans.

No one got anything; Surely we have someone with a little inside info. Where are you MLD45 and kingaling42?

I would really like some (hopefully good) info on how recruiting is going.

No one got anything; Surely we have someone with a little inside info. Where are you MLD45 and kingaling42?

I would really like some (hopefully good) info on how recruiting is going.

Not a huge revelation, but MT is really going after Donte Houston and Christian Fussell. Both guys are big, versatile post players.

Houston Profie

Fussell Profile

Houston is a top 150 player in America and a four-star. Specifically he is 128th overall in America and the number 26 power forward.

Story from last month on Houston

Here is my article on Fussell a while back. Last time I checked Fussell still holds a top 5 of: MT, VCU, Dayton, Charlotte and Florida Gulf Coast.

Looks like he has visited Dayton, VCU, and MT. He plans to visit each school before making a decision. He visited last weekend for the Duke game and I think he plans to visit FGCU and Charlotte by the end of September

When I get more info I'll post on the board

Last edited:
If we somehow land both of those guys we will be looking really good in a year or two.

Although not much new in your posts, thanks for the responses.

Hoping to get a couple of commits before the Nov. 13 start of the early signing period (It would be nice if they were already in hand and we were excited about them). Frustrating seeing so many players commit elsewhere yet we haven't had any although the small class this year is crucial.

According to a report on verbalcommits.com along with tweets it appears MT has lost another "Big" we had offered. Jared Garcia (6'8" ESPN 3 Star from TX - not a very impressive offer list) committed to conference foe Charlotte.

They're falling like flies - wish one would fall our way!

According to a report on verbalcommits.com along with tweets it appears MT has lost another "Big" we had offered. Jared Garcia (6'8" ESPN 3 Star from TX - not a very impressive offer list) committed to conference foe Charlotte.

They're falling like flies - wish one would fall our way!

That might be favorable for us and who we are focusing on...

Rumors are Fussell will announce soon. He has a rumored top 3. Check the premium lounge :)

Houston tweeted he will be visiting the weekend of the Marshall football game. If these two were to commit, I think it would bigger than any signing class of recent memory

With Tyson Jackson already on board I would be surprised if both committed to MT but stranger things have happened.

There could be extenuating circumstances such as one of the three is more suited as a "5" (all three are listed as PFs) or the word is out that Jackson isn't working out (highly doubtful). Just speculating on my part which I probably shouldn't do.

Regardless, I doubt we get both Houston and Fussell but hoping for the best based on the staff's priority list (which I wish is was privy to).

With Tyson Jackson already on board I would be surprised if both committed to MT but stranger things have happened.

There could be extenuating circumstances such as one of the three is more suited as a "5" (all three are listed as PFs) or the word is out that Jackson isn't working out (highly doubtful). Just speculating on my part which I probably shouldn't do.

Regardless, I doubt we get both Houston and Fussell but hoping for the best based on the staff's priority list (which I wish is was privy to).
Yea I can see that, but it would still only make 3 forwards 6’8” or taller. Plenty of minutes to spread around. Also could easily play two of them at the same time.

Once I saw last night that Fussell would make his commitment today I just knew I would be sitting on pins and needles all day waiting for his decision to be released. A great relief to see the commitment was made over night and, more importantly, to MT.

Of course, all recruiting is a gamble but this is a really positive sign (perhaps the most positive yet) for the McDevitt tenure.

Great news that Fussell signed! It would be great if we could pull Donte Houston as well. Finally getting some height in these recruiting classes.

How many do we get to sign total in this class?

Great news that Fussell signed! It would be great if we could pull Donte Houston as well. Finally getting some height in these recruiting classes.

2 barring some kind of roster turnover. Scurry and Green are the only seniors on this year’s team.

Two, maybe three sounds right. All attention to Donte Houston now.

I really, really like Houston's film. To sign both Fussell and Houston would be huge and we honestly need to do so. When you look around at the rest of the conference, there are some elite big men that we have little to no answer for. WKU's roster is frightening.

Reactions: bluefutcpa
I really, really like Houston's film. To sign both Fussell and Houston would be huge and we honestly need to do so. When you look around at the rest of the conference, there are some elite big men that we have little to no answer for. WKU's roster is frightening.
Their roster was frightening last year too but it did not translate to the court. They def do have the highest ceiling. We will see how Jackson does this year. He has the body to compete with bigger guys down low.

And back to a sport where fans can expect improvement this year:

Do we know which of the other 9 schools on Houston's list he is going to visit and when? (IIRC an prospect can only take 5 OVs) Additionally, has he given any indication of his time frame for making his decision?

And back to a sport where fans can expect improvement this year:

Do we know which of the other 9 schools on Houston's list he is going to visit and when? (IIRC an prospect can only take 5 OVs) Additionally, has he given any indication of his time frame for making his decision?

Nothing new on the Houston front I believe.

On a side note, NBA preseason has started and you get to see a lot of bench players play which always interests me. Certainly more exciting than watching our football team play.

CBB is less than a month away. First big night scheduled for November, 5th. 23 more days and counting!

Very excited to see what this new staff has in store for year 2. Getting fresh blood in the coaching ranks always breathes new life into a program..........

Reactions: dukewayne

Speaking of WKU, I thought I heard that their big 5-star Center has been selected as an All-American. Not sure which list, but I thought I heard that.

Speaking of WKU, I thought I heard that their big 5-star Center has been selected as an All-American. Not sure which list, but I thought I heard that.

He’s really good. To whatever extent he maybe didn’t quite meet expectation last year, it was mostly because WKU’s guards struggled to get him the ball. Assuming they have Lipscomb transfer Kenny Cooper eligible this year, that problem should be solved. WKU is going to be very difficult to beat this year. Hopefully at tournament time, somebody can step up and knock them off.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT