ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Another transfer addition

1 catch for 2 yds, per 2022 stats on Bir So website.........no punt/kick returns.

I'm not against going after FCS, Div II or III guys. A lot started there for multiple reasons. Initially only offered a PWO for FBS. Or family reasons. And a lot are diamonds in the rough too. And this isn't personal to this young man as he could be great. I don't know.

But in general, Stock doesn't seem to even try for bigger school transfers. Nowadays there are sooooo many FBS level talents out there. So many kids that were PWOs or didn't get enough playing time or want closer to home that we can grab and offer immediate playing time.

But it really seems like if he knows he can't 100% get that player, he doesn't even try. How you gonna know if you don't try?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I know there was a lot discussion down there about BSC closing earlier in the year, though last I had heard they were trying to remain open. Not sure what their athletics situation is, I can't imagine it is good.

John C Reilly Yes GIF

At this point, I don't care enough to comment, so I will just quote myself from prior...

It doesn't fit their model to go out and do the recruiting of individuals that are already proven of FBS offers. That's too much work. Too hard. Not enough ROI. It's much easier to find somebody that doesn't have any legit D1 offers and make them think they're the greatest. It's way easier to do that. This is their model.

Allow myself to elaborate on myself with my last statement. As long as Rick has been here he should have such deep entrenched connections across this state every coach in America (sans maybe Saban or Smart) should be like f*** Stockstill is here when said coach enters the state of Tennessee to recruit here and realizes Rick is after the same guy they are. But the reality is there isn’t a coach in America that has an iota of concern about recruiting against Stockstill. - even in Murfreesboro.

I’m not suggesting CRS leading a former Sun Belt and now a C-USA school should command that kind of respect across the nation or even in the southeast but after two decades he should at least be a force to be reckoned with from a recruiting perspective in the mid-state/Nashville viewing area or at least somewhere. But that’s simply not the case and wasn’t it “recruiting prowess” why he was hired in the first place?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT