ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL All hands on deck: Middle Tennessee’s quest for a ‘three-peat’ in C-USA

Article got me excited!
- Can Walters play 30-34 mins a game without fouling out, if so, he will be all-CUSA
- How do we use Johnson? IMHO, he is our x-factor. I see him a lot like Knight from a few years ago. He could start or be the first guy off the bench. He will average double figures.

While we have a few new guys we are counting on these two need to take it up a level and if so I think we have a great chance to repeat. I don't see us winning as many games but I do see us peaking at the end of the season.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
An NBA scout that attended a few of our late season games said Walters had the best chance to make it to the NBA...over Reggie or Jacorey...due to body size.

Reactions: C-Bow
It will be really interesting to see how the new incoming players are shaping up this fall.

Antwain Johnson really demonstrated his physical athleticism throughout this past season. To me, it seemed his performance and development got stuck in the middle of the season. It seemed that as the season started to come to a close, Johnson started to show good improvement in development and production. If he can pick up where he left off at the end of last season, he could have a huge breakout year this season. He seems to have the skills and athleticism. I imagine a factor in revealing his development and type of season will be consistency and continued development.

Walters is a tremendous asset returning for this team. He was fairly overshadowed by Reggie, Williams, and Giddy; however, he revealed some serious ability, size, and potential in his quiet mins off the bench. If he can come out this season with the poise and consistency of a senior, he could be a tremendous force in C-USA. Walters upside seems to be almost unlimited. It will be a matter of him seizing the opportunity.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT