ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Aldo Amato: WKU game should be hottest ticket in town, no excuses Murfreesboro

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
He's damn right! No excuse not to have a full house on October 15th. Who gives a damn about UT playing Alabama? There are plenty of MT fans who don't care about UT-UA and would be loud and proud at Floyd Stadium. Let's get everyone to the game! 30,000 plus, let's do it. WKU, Homecoming, best start in 15 years... can't ask for much more (maybe 5-0, but hey)!

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/col...ticket-town-no-excuses-murfreesboro/91317844/

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Resisting my dark side. My cynical self says lets don't hype this. When we hype things, we know how that turns out. We persuade, we cajole, we bring people to the next game being hyped, and our Raiders then proceed to play and lose the ugliest damn way that can be possibly imagined...

My glass is half full, happy thoughts self, wins out here.

Fill Floyd Stadium. Destroy the goat humping hilltoppers. Go Blue Raiders!!!

Resisting my dark side. My cynical self says lets don't hype this. When we hype things, we know how that turns out. We persuade, we cajole, we bring people to the next game being hyped, and our Raiders then proceed to play and lose the ugliest damn way that can be possibly imagined...

My glass is half full, happy thoughts self, wins out here.

Fill Floyd Stadium. Destroy the goat humping hilltoppers. Go Blue Raiders!!!

It is a worry in the back of my mind but... we've avoided the hype disaster bug lately, at least with the Blackout game! We gotta win a big one sometime, no better time to do it than WKU if you ask me!

This should be a good game with two evenly matched teams. If there is any year to win CUSA championship, it it this year. The entire conference is down and we seem to be getting hot at the right time!

The conference is something like 4-22 right now against non conf opponents...

UT plays Bama that day but their game time is TBD. Let's hope for a night game so we can get some more folks. Personally, I don't care if only 2 people show up and I'm one of them but that will have an effect.

Reactions: MT Glenn
Well, we play better at home. We just do. The break gives us a chance to do a few things. 1. heal up a bit. 2. Put some new wrinkles into the play book. TF will no doubt make some adjustments and work with the receivers more. I'm sure after the UNT film is assessed, our OL will be addressed too. With it being Homecoming and the biggest game of the year at our house, we're gonna have a few more folks at the game. WKU is gonna bring a lot with them too. We had 25k at the last WKU throwdown in the boro. I think this will be up there if we hype it up right.

Let me say this too. If UT beats A&M, all of the sports talk will be aimed at that. If they lose, it will still be amped but we'll have more room in the discussion. Here's hoping a UT loss! If UT loses both and we beat WKU, then it's on.

TSU's homecoming is that weekend as well, so we will lose a good chunk of the African American alumni population but I've already told my friend don't call me I'll be in floyd stadium watching my alma mater get another step closer to a conference championship.

All my season tickets will be filled plus at least 3. And at least 50 people (alumni from my fraternity) are attending that don't normally come.

Regardless of UTK we will have a decent crowd. Ultimately I don't care, just want to win this one!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT